Flavors Uncanned

Flavors Uncanned

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

Can you deny what you truly love. There're no whispers in the bright corners you’ve chosen to walk. In the loud world you've choosen to live, no one would secretly grasp your waist from behind only to roll words into your ears that you yearn to hear. There’s no magic in the reality you’ve chosen.There’s no surprise, and no definitely no butterflies. There’s only what is apparent and nothing beyond. It's a crystal clear, transparent world without the excitement of a naughty hide and seek. There're no under the table teasing toes as you sit across a romantic dinner. There’re no intoxicating eyes, and definitely no latent greed to savor the beauty beyond the netted veil on your eyes. The flying satin flairs of your dress in the air as I see your apparition walk past in the desert. Am I a part of your dreams or a reality appearing to be a mirage, simply stuck in my head rowing like a carousel of nostalgic moments spent together. How I wish your cheeks deserve to be brushed by the back of my hand as I stare constantly into your eyes. Oh, what has come between us. Loving and hating these minute inches separating us poles apart. You are just a thought away yet a million miles apart. 


How long can you lie to your soul? How long can you appreciate what you wish weren’t there. How long can live in the chimera of what does not please you. Across mountains, and yearning times, you’ll be crying for me, Hoping for a glimpse of a tiny heart that honestly beats to your tunes. Waiting for a tongue that would pour what your pot’s thirsty for. Oh, Break away, don’t believe what they say, because in the end you’ll find that you were all the way away from home, Come give me your hand and let me walk you to a place that you‘ve been aching to go. Round and round and back again, A place where you know you are loved. Home isnt't really a place where you run from. Its the place you run to. 


Quit chasing parked cars, take a step beyond your comfort. Let your heart skip a beat. Let yourself on an adventure. Take the leap of faith that will test your guts. Love even when you know you’re gonna lose and have the courage to love again. Fall in and out. Spread your arms so wide open that the gushing winds cannot dare to move you. Let them just slowly push open those buttons of your un-ironed shirt. Inch by inch as your closed eyes feel the forces of nature inciting you. Telling you how much there is to see, and how wonderful the sight of wide-open skies is. Come spread your wings, for the world is too real for your flying fantasies. Step away, Step beyond, free yourself from the chains of your routine. Taste this wilderness, perhaps between someone’s lips. 

Its not the things you normally do that matter. It’s this craziness that defines you. . . 


Pranav Malhotra

© 2013 Pranav Malhotra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, Break away, don’t believe what they say, because in the end you’ll find that you were all the way away from home, Come give me your hand and let me walk you to a place that you‘ve been aching to go. Round and round and back again, A place where you know you are loved. Home isnt't really a place where you run from. Its the place you run to.
Great stanza.... the whole piece is really a great write... I really enjoyed reading ;) it has a deep meaning

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This reads like a poem! Great emotional write. I think you know the answers to issues you raise, but you bring them to the awareness of others.

Posted 10 Years Ago


There's some beautiful language in this story. The line "quite chasing parked cars' is quirky and catchy. The story itself makes you think...great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

thank you so much Kristin :)
Breathtaking. Absolutely what I needed to read in this moment. The flow was insanely edible; I ate the words up with an insatiable hunger. Thank you so much for sharing this piece of your heart. Its beautiful and it warmed mine.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

Ah , I hope the humble note was able to satiate the hungry reader in you. Thank you so much. Keep Po.. read more
"...pour what your pot's thirsty for." I love this line, and get it thoroughly. "...in the end you'll find that you were all the way from home."

"Take a step beyond your comfort." I've recently been told this very thing. "Let your heart skip a beat. Let yourself on an adventure." I am trying.

"Take a leap of faith that will test your guts." Constantly.

"Love even when you know you're gonna lose...love again." Story of my life.

Enticing forces of nature...nice.

"...for the world is too real for your flying fantasies." :'-)

"Taste this wilderness, perhaps between someone's lips.
It's not the things you normally do that matter. It's the craziness that defines you..."

I'm sold. ;-)


Posted 10 Years Ago


Quit chasing parked cars, take a step beyond your comfort. Let your heart skip a beat. This is a wonderful line in an amazing exhortation to whosoever would read - a wake up call. its this craziness that defines you. Awesome.

Posted 10 Years Ago


An honest emotional write full of questions that the writer knows the answers to, but someone isn't getting it. Beautiful words flow in this piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, Break away, don’t believe what they say, because in the end you’ll find that you were all the way away from home, Come give me your hand and let me walk you to a place that you‘ve been aching to go. Round and round and back again, A place where you know you are loved. Home isnt't really a place where you run from. Its the place you run to.
Great stanza.... the whole piece is really a great write... I really enjoyed reading ;) it has a deep meaning

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I'm more into reading poems, I don't usually go for anything else but then your title was pretty catchy and the lines in the beginning and some really good ones in the middle made me read it, all of it, TILL THE END. The beginning, full of bitter realities that we have to face. 'There’s only what is apparent and nothing beyond.' True!
'Home isnt't really a place where you run from. Its the place you run to.' Words worth millions!
The ending is full of useful suggestions! Some really brilliant lines you've given in here, I must say. You've done a pretty god job. Thanks for sharing. Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


That same craziness has set this piece of yours apart too...very well done. I loved it ...its beautiful....the flavors are uncanned indeed!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

10 Years Ago

Thank you ganga, as always u have one keen reading habit
ganga ramesh

10 Years Ago

hehehehhee,,,thanks man (Y) ^-^
That last line is absolutely fantastic! Did you make it up completely?! :D Indeed it is our acts of passion that depict the morality and intentions resting in our hearts. Lovely piece, highlighting the importance of adventure and the never ending journey to discovering our entirety, well done Panav

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ohhhwillow

10 Years Ago

*Pranav, sorry for the spelling mistake, it's extremely late!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

911 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 13, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crazy Crazy

A Poem by Mark


Dove Stew Dove Stew

A Poem by Frieda P


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos


July July

A Poem by CRZ