Why he wrote

Why he wrote

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

They say when true love reaches its peak, the lover simply disappears. A simple notion, yet related in a very intense phrase. The summit of love is oneness with the lover. From thereon the lover becomes formless. He exists within her yet he is nowhere to be found.


The first question asked my most lucid monks after attaining enlightenment is, “where has my body gone? Have I lost my body?

You are not a person. You may look like a person, you may talk like a person, you may live like a person but you are not a person. When we meet someone for the first time, we are only meeting their representatives. When we see someone from the outside, we are meeting their person. Love doesn’t understands a body from the outside. Love penetrates within. From that moment on, we aren’t seeing the body. It is love that makes us see a person in a way that the person sees himself from within. Then ladies and gentlemen, form becomes unimportant, form simply disappears. 


The idea of love is that melting moment, when two bodies, simply cease to exist, because truly bodies are just what we see in others from the outside.


All your sense of self worth, is the reflection you see in the eyes of others. Strangers to your soul. A body thats waiting for their approval. You are in constant search of mirrors. Would you ever know yourselves if there were no mirrors. You know yourself not directly but from the eyes of others. That is why it is important how you come across to others, because you see your reflection in their eyes. If there was no mirror, there would be no face. The truth is, you do not have a face; mirrors give you faces. You are existence. You are formless. You are soul. 


Imagine a world with no mirrors. Not even others eyes to reflect your face. You would be desolate and lonely, as lonely as the top of a cold mountain. Will you ever know how you look, except for your hands and tips of your nose, would you ever know your face? You have no face, save for the one others see on you. And what others see is the exhibition you put on the outside. It's love that is the language of the soul. Some age-old bruise that still hurts when you think of them, some dreamy moments that make you smile nonchalantly. 


Without this escalation, the whole world is mechanical. Give and take. There is no poetry, no mysticism and no wonders. It’s only full of dull prose. It lacks amazement, it lacks sparkling eyes. It doesn’t ring a song inyou, it doesn’t move a dance in you, it doesn’t light a fire in you, it doesn’t make you a writer. Everything else is logic,.Cause and effect. There is no magic, no moist lips and warm balmy hugs. Love makes us children, a time when reason took a backseat and madness ran aghast. It might happen to you more than once, yet only a few lucky people get to know you from the inside. Savour them, spend time with them, they might not be here for long, but they are the ones who truly know you. In your eyes they see the stars and galaxies. You are their wonder filled universe.

© 2015 Pranav Malhotra


Author's Note

Pranav Malhotra
This note was written on 23 July 2015 at about half past 2 am.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's why I always believe or go with ,that there is a reason for everything, qhtwhe logical or something mad. And live is like as essence which gives flavour to everything , different in its own way.

Posted 7 Years Ago


a fascinating write. I am often the purveyor of dull prose I am afraid.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow,,this is really deep, quite a unique perspective indeed.it had me hooked from the very first line right up to the very end..well written...food for thought.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I enjoyed your thoughts.
"Without this escalation, the whole world is mechanical. Give and take. There is no poetry, no mysticism and no wonders. It’s only full of dull prose. It lacks amazement, it lacks sparkling eyes. It doesn’t ring a song inyou, it doesn’t move a dance in you, it doesn’t light a fire in you, it doesn’t make you a writer"
I believe in the Hemingway way. Need to travel, test life and love often to be a great writer. We must live to write. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and good wisdom. I liked them.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are still the king of the essay. Well done, doll.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

8 Years Ago

Thanks a ton, madame
A well paced prose-poem, with a kind of metaphysical theme, well written !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Dear good sir.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on July 24, 2015
Tags: existence

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


night song night song

A Poem by quinfinn


6/14 6/14

A Poem by CRZ