Dual Lives

Dual Lives

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

Dual lives. Misfits. Our hearts beat in places our tongues wouldn’t speak of. We are products of our dreams. We belong to places far away from where we are. Places of mysterious music, pulling us closer each minute. The freedom we’ve tasted has ruined us. We are proud of our scars. We wear them underneath our masks. We’re the spiked cocktails, the infected lot, not ready to believe that we have one life to live. Because Ladies and Gentlemen, to us, normal is just very dull. We’re spoilt in chocolate. Our normal is throttled. We know what drives us crazy and we won’t settle for anything less. We’re a plague of obsession and In closed doors, we’ll compensate for the monotonous things we have to perform everyday.


The angel of indulgence has marked us. We’re a carefully chosen group in love with our fetishes. The plump-lipped women and provocative eyed men. Our secrets are our greatest treasure and behind fine beards and silky curves, we’re still the true nature’s child onboard a rollercoaster of sensual madness. We’re a voyage of passion. The most eminent delights come from exceeding all limits imposed on us. The dirtiest thoughts rouse our intellect. We’re the enemy of all regularity. The worshippers of the slightest disorder. We idolize anything that bears the brand of pleasure. We’re the silent backdoors of boundaries set by religion, society, virtue and decency. We’re a bunch of men and women drunk on the idea of love. Addicted to the thought that heavens have a plan for us.


We’re the gaussian shadows of beautiful madness. We’re slaves to intoxicating eyes. Our cheeks still reek of the moistness of last night’s tears. We’re the crazy lot. Consumed by waist lines and fataly attracted to perfume. Your chimera surpasses our imagination. You were’nt born on this earth, you were gifted. How can we stand match your fair skin. Your marshmellowed lips. Your crimson hips. The dress that’ll punish us for a century to come. The curse of your long hair. Oh beauty, you are a misery. You trap too so much in the little crystal ball of your eyes. Perhaps thats why they hold so much meaning. Perhaps that’s why they are worth forgiving a million times. Even now , when they belong to some stranger.

- Pranav Malhotra

© 2016 Pranav Malhotra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great story, thanks for sharing. x

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ray
Just minor editing comments - you misplaced the apostrophe in the last paragraph for "weren't"/ "perhaps that's", and you put a space between "now" and the comma that you might want to edit out. Also, for some reason "You trap too so much in the little crystal ball of your eyes" doesn't sound quite right. Maybe review the sentence structure/punctuation just to make it clearer?

Aside from those minor things, I really enjoyed this writing. I do agree with Leslie Philibert that it appears to be more of a prose poem. I thought at first it might have been interesting to reformat it but I actually think keeping it in three paragraphs like you did fits the content well.
Great read! Keep up the good work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is more of a prose poem with a moral narrative than a poem, a thought provoker.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

7 Years Ago

Thank you, dear good sir.
Its always a pleasure to have you read the notes.
Oh, this is great! It can apply to all of us, for behind closed doors we all do things we keep behind closed doors or society, the religious and all those suppressing groups would rain on our parade and seek to stifle another part of us. People...such a judgemental lot! Great writing my friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much
I brings me immense pleasure to know how feelings resonate throughout the g.. read more
You touched on many subjects in the story.
"The angel of indulgence has marked us. We’re a carefully chosen group in love with our fetishes."
Life is hard to change. We are taught and formed by the people near. Old wise Native American saying.
"Teach the children well. They are the future." Thank you for sharing your thoughts and words. A outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much. Its always a delight to have you go through the note, Coyote. Glad you liked it.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
this is beautiful and deep writing, poetic and prosey, part anthem, part lamentation.

We’re the silent backdoors of boundaries set by religion, society, virtue and decency. We’re a bunch of men and women drunk on the idea of love. Addicted to the thought that heavens have a plan for us.

Those lines ring true for so many of us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

7 Years Ago

Part anthem , part lamentation... You hit thr notes right.
Thank you , madame. Boehm.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Frozen Frozen

A Poem by Aehr


RIP RIP

A Poem by afra


Day One Day One

A Story by Judas Hammer


DEAD DEAD

A Poem by afra