Journey's End

Journey's End

A Poem by R. L. Igmen

A green Leaf
floating in the Sea
pushed and played
by waves; until it
reached the Shore--alone!

© 2010 R. L. Igmen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the fact that it's really short, but yet there is a lot of meaning behind it and different interpretations. It's really cool!
I found it made myself think about loneliness a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I read this and it made me hope that I won't be alone when the waves push me ashore and my journy across this sea ends.

A lot of thought provokation for a short little poem. I love that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


hmm.. Short but i like it very nice work. tc god bless my friend

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the words.To be tossed in the ocean feeling the freedom of no control. I was a person who suicide board the ocean. To be tossed around in the power of the sea. You were tossed back alone. But it was OK. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMP
This is a really good write.
Short but effective! I like it could be used to represent so many things when maybe for you it only means one thing? i guess that's for our interpretation.

Good poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I see life when I read this poem and how life is filled with it's ups and downs, it's joys and it's sorrows. And even though we may not be alone through out life, at the end when it's our turn to die we do it alone. That may not be what others, or you, see in this poem but that's the beauty of poetry I think...it can mean something different to everyone that reads it. Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very good little poem. Shows a lot with just a few words. And it can be related to so much. Fantasic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this. Love can embrace you and then later on it can be a destroyer of worlds. For so few words you've gotten a clear message across.
Well done


Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
xXx
sad. so many things can relate to these words. i think of a lonely soul in happy contact with happy strangers--how soon one's own definition of "friends" can dissapate when strangers are involved. not knowing they're being closer defined when they let the loners go. thought provoking.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2010

Author

R. L. Igmen
R. L. Igmen

Manila, Philippines



About
I started writing prose and poems in my early highschool days. and fortunate enough to be a writer/illustrator in our school newspaper that time. I get my inspiration from music, but most of the t.. more..

Writing
So Near So Near

A Poem by R. L. Igmen


H. D. H. D.

A Poem by R. L. Igmen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


War War

A Poem by Adora.xo