Beauty of Indian Monsoons

Beauty of Indian Monsoons

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

The monsoons give solace to everyone. They are a ray of hope for farmers and soft fall parched souls.

"
Monsoon basically has come from the Arabic word ‘mawsim’ meaning weather and it refers to the gracious bounty of the generator, operator and destructor in the form of merciful rains. Indian is a land of splendor and serenity. The monsoons instill the place with greenness. Monsoon is the only time when air freshens and dormancy comes to an end. It is a time when mother earth gives us the message of togetherness and hopefulness. Not only the trees regain their lives but also human beings learn purity, patience and selflessness from their mother, Planet Earth. The verdant fresh leaves coming out of the branches instill in us elation. The nature is so splendid that it yolks happiness and forbearance in a cloud of rejoice.
Birds chirrup in their euphoria and humans in their own ways. The farmers who are most dependent on the Indian monsoons and more particularly the rains consider the monsoons to be their Christian Soul driving them out of all wretchedness and melancholy. Just like a Christian Soul drives the stranded passengers out of an isolated isle, similarly the monsoons help everyone particularly the agricultural farmers in our country. For them it is their life redeemer. Rains bring respite to everybody. The scorching heat is given a break and the animal and insect life reverts to square one. We get to know what life in reality is. Monsoon is the only time when we see the hibernated elements coming to life. The rains floods our emotions and the next moment we are on cloud nine. It is an absolute pleasure to watch the water gushing from the hills and the crystal clear and diamond pure rains pouring from their heavier counterparts. It is a delight to watch the birds swinging flawlessly and other creatures slithering or running. A sense of satisfaction enables us to work better as well. Life in the monsoon season cannot just be expressed in words. It is our priceless possession and we must thank our beloved mother for that for because of her we are enjoying all the necessities and opulence of life.
Busy in the hustle-bustle of our lives, we never realize the importance of winsome Earth, which has given us the birth and nurtures us even after death. Unfortunately in the moribund of urban lives we have forgotten about her. She works for us every day and every minute yet we remain thankless and greedily ask for more. Nature is our life and our soul; we should rather thank her in our gratitude.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing