Polluted Ganga

Polluted Ganga

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

In our quest to carry the traditional rites, we donot realize that we're in turn polluting the water.

"
The holy waters of river Ganga hold a symbolic significance in the hearts of religious minded people across borders. Their religious believes pulls them from their cozy and comfortable homes to the lands of the sacred river either to perform religious practices or bathe. They forget in their minds that they are in turn polluting the river. They snatch away the purity of the river. Which religious book, priest or the like has given the sermon to pollute the river and perform the rituals? The ashes of humans give in toxic substances due to decomposition, which leads to many deadly ailments. Not only human ashes, the industrial waste are also dumped into river waters, which again causes the same effect. The debris has lead to killing of the river.


Years ago, Coliform was found in human intestines which caused serious implications. Not only this, scientists have proven that Ganga water (in specified regions) is no longer safe to drink. This is all a result of human work. We no longer enjoy crystal clear water gushing down the stream. All we can see are huge masses of dust clouds clinging on to the air. It’s high time when we realize the impact we are having on the environment and on holy waters. Pollution is all we are contributing towards the nature. We need to minimize our impact.
The possible solution is to electrically cremate the deceased who has probably left for heavenly abode. Though religious minded people oppose this pragmatic idea but this is the best way to keep the “MOTHER earth” happy. Electric cremations will reduce the air pollution and creation of new crematorium fields by felling of trees. We talk so high of saving the earth but in reality do such acts and forget about the damage we cause to her. She is always pleading us to protect her from damage and destruction and gives evidence from natural disasters and calamities.
So, wake up! Act now! It’s now or never…… Spread awareness among masses.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing