Gandhi-A Great Leader

Gandhi-A Great Leader

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

By speaking truth and following the golden path of honesty, one gets inner peace and contentment though not any pecuniary gain which is very immaterial.

"
A white clad man with a slight stoop being balanced by a stalk wearing Khadi, round spectacles and a very simple dhoti which could barely cover this body was M.K Gandhi. India’s success can only be bequeathed to the Father of the Nation. Gandhian philosophy still holds true in today’s fast-rack world. He followed very simple principles of life which were truth, honesty and simplicity. He did not have any intrigue principles like any great philosopher or leader; he had very simple goals and perspectives of humbleness and honesty. Such ethics as he said might not bear fruits right at that moment but they pay one later. History has revealed that honesty is the best policy though it many not profit you at that time. By speaking truth and following the golden path of honesty, one gets inner peace and contentment though not any pecuniary gain which is very immaterial. Gandhi Ji had very simply living and very high thinking. Only because of his principles, he was able to set India free from the clasp of the British. One man had the power of many. He was and still ensues to be the epitome of a perfect Indian. He focused on self sufficiency so that no Indian would beg at the mercy of the so called superior white men. He was very proud to be an Indian and allowed banishment of untouchability. Because of Gandhi Ji our society experienced revolution. Burning of foreign cloth and rebellion against the British helped India to gain the present situation. Now he’s been dead as many as 62 years. His presence is felt in every part of the country. Physically he might not be present yet he remains in our hearts and continues to inspire each one of us. What we want is his blessings so that the hatred is completely eliminated and our country resides in tranquility. His thoughts about the environment in those days were also very interesting as he said, “Nature has enough for everybody’s need but not for anybody’s greed.” Seeing the harm we have caused to the Earth, we now realize what he said was absolutely true. Apart from social causes and environment, he supported Indian industries. He was against mass production and wanted it to replace it with production by masses to ensure full employment.

If the great legend was alive today;


He would have first cried over the present situation of death and destruction;


Secondly be sad to see the youth disrespecting their own language and customs

and Thirdly would have led India to a better path of success.

Many successful and thought provoking movies have been made on the iron willed man, which are again very inspirational. So, make the departed soul happy and be proud to be Indians and follow his golden rules if you want to succeed.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing