India Shining

India Shining

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

India's our own country. We need to put our hands together & help in the development of our own homeland.

"
India has been the most ancient civilizations of the world and is the fastest growing economy in the world. It has shown tremendous improvement in the field of agriculture, industry and the most significant thing, the technology.
Today the exports from the IT sector are worth a $10 billion.
India has given the world the most important idea of number system and the value of zero. The geniuses from our nation have given the world the most important things.
Even the muslin, spices, merchandise have voyaged from India along with the stories of Mahabharata and Ramayana. India was once a golden bird and it were the callous Britishers who stole the wealth from our nation. The Kohinoor had been taken away from our country. The History teaches us many salient features about our ancestors about which we might have never ever thought.
There are many striking facts about India, which surely makes one proud of his nation. Nowadays the brain drain is not from India to foreign countries but from abroad to India. Moreover, the newspapers, army, doctors are more than any other country in the world.
38% of doctors in USA are Indians, 36% of NASA scientists are Indians, 34% of Microsoft employees and 28% of IBM employees are Indians. And that’s not all.
17% of INTEL scientists, 13% of XEROX employees and 12% scientists in USA are Indians. Fifteen of the world’s major automobile manufacturers are now obtaining components from Indian firms, Hero Honda is now the largest manufacturer of motorcycles in the world�"with an output of 17 lakh motorcycles a year. One lakh Indica cars of the Tatas are to be marketed in Europe by Rover, one of the United Kingdom’s most prestigious auto-manufacturers under its �" that is, Rover’s �" brand name and the list ensues….
The best works of India are in the fields of Nuclear Energy, Satellites, Software, Nuclear weapons, rockets and Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles.
Many legends of India have been awarded Nobel Prizes, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards and the most prestigious awards by honorable people.
Our nation has also been the T-20 champions. Moving to the Olympics, which started in 1896, it is after 112 years that India has got a gold medal in the 10m air rifle shooting. Abhinav Bindra has made millions of Indians very proud of himself. Saina Nehwal has been ranked no. 5 in Badminton and the fact that she went into the quarterfinals is a great achievement for a young girl.
Vishwanathan Anand has been the World Chess Champion, which again makes us proud.
Further more, many words in the English language have been taken from our ancient and rich language- Sanskrit. For instance, ‘bhatra’ has been taken for Brother; ‘matra’ of Sanskrit has been taken for Mother, etc.
The Alphanzo mangoes, Darjeeling tea, Yoga, Ayurveda, Spiritual gurus, etc have sprung from India.
Although the population of India is the 2nd largest, yet during the alluring Kumbh Mela, tides of people go there and make a beautiful site.
The new generation, which has replaced Gen X, ‘Gen Y’ is fast growing whereby the youngsters live life to the fullest along with doing their work at desk with full sincerity. The youngsters of Gen Y are Internet friendly and more ambitious as compared to others who are bookworms and their work/job is everything (life) to them.
Coming down to the rivers, River Indus is one of the longest rivers of the world.
George Bernard Shaw said, “All Progress depends on the unreasonable man” therefore, it’s no one but the youngsters of India who can help to develop our nation. India is progressing and will one day be the unsurpassed nation of the world.
An amazing fact for all of us is that UNESCO has declared India’s National Anthem as the World’s Best National Anthem. Last but not the least, A.R Rahman is the 4th Indian to win an Oscar and India’s recently won 3 Oscars which really make us feel very proud.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

866 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing