Can Blogs play the role of Alternative Media?

Can Blogs play the role of Alternative Media?

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

Blogging is more common on this New Age World

"
I have been reading about Tharoor’s Tweets and blogs. Seems as though blogs are becoming yet another form of media. From the latest info about gadgets to the jazz of the political world or personal life of film stars, political leaders, etc, you get ever bit of information on these blogs. I guess, blogs have the potential to replace the traditional forms of media i.e print and visual (like news on Tv). Gone are the days when people used to eagerly wait for the newspapers to arrive at their ends and they would all gather to read the bits aloud. Gone are the days when people used to hear news on radio. The present trend has gone into more of e-world. See all the news, videos and cricket matches, wrestling or sports events live on the net and catching up the updates from political leaders on the blogs; Get a sneak peak into the parliament through the modern form of media and be ecstatic after reading Big B’s blogs or Aamir’s updates. In short, blogs can surely play the role of alternative media and might soon replace other forms of media. Gone will be the days of news channels and print media in the near future. Actually speaking, being available online, it has become very comfortable for people to quickly glance through the happenings around the world while they travel. Imagine yourself going to a long journey and carrying tens of newspapers.. Instead, isn’t it better to have a smart-phone and view anything you wish to see? The fact remains that e-news will reduce the cutting of trees and would save the precious natural resource from degradation as is being promoted with new companies like “Idea”. So, gear yourself up soon to become computer literate because very soon if you don’t have a blog, you will be considered primitive and out of sync. I would say that blogs are a parallel media today.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing