World Earth Day

World Earth Day

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

April 22nd should not be exclusively celebrated as World Earth Day but we must do our bit to protect out Earth.

"
April 22 marks World Earth Day. Earth is such a precious gift to us that we have forgotten in our selfish nature the harm we are causing to it. Hustle and Bustle of urbanization has resulted in a lot of tribulations. We are relentlessly depleting the natural resources without realizing the repercussion. Earth Day need not be celebrated only once a year but every day in our day- to- day activities. The time has gone when sermons would function. Our everyday contribution can make a lot of difference. Carbon emissions are increasing like anything and to add to human miseries the recent natural ash clouds due to the burst of Volcano in Iceland has caused inconvenience.

We not be a carborexic who are fanatics but we can do little bit like planting trees, using CFLs, paying E-bills, conserving the energy by switching off lights, etc. More and more business organisations are opting for green offices and buildings which is a welcome step. Such techniques need to be adopted at individual as well as government level for a greener future. Simple steps can go a long way to shape the future of the coming generations because we have not inherited the Earth from our forefathers but we have borrowed it from our future generations. Everything is up to us only. It is we who can do it. The question arises that If not Earth, where? If not now, when? And if not you, who? We are the writers of our future. The power lies in our hand, so why not act now?
At this time, I am reminded of the 2 lettered 10 words that are very motivational taught to us in schools that, “If it is to be, it is up to me.” So, if it is to be globally, it has to be locally. Think globally to act locally.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing