Education @ Work

Education @ Work

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

Young children are forced to work which is wrong. This picture however is slightly different as the girl was seen studying as well as selling flowers.It's time for politician 'babus' to wake up.

"

Our very own Indian is the largest democracy in the World. Yet, we are lacking in many spheres like those relating to employment, education,health,etc. The population is increasing every day and not enough job opportunities are being created. Hence many of the rural families are having a tough time with more mouths to feed on and less income earning hands.

 

This picture was taken on a breezy Saturday morning in Bengaluru, the IT capital of our country while I was enjoying myself but this site moved me when I was on a stroll. This was one of the busiest streets in the city and it has clearly shown that children despite studying are indulged in sale of small scale items like flowers in this case. The girl who should have been at her home and not selling was seen selling flowers and doing business.

 

This is just not fair where on one hand the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. On hand there are those who are wasting resources and having a gala time and on the other there are people like the girl shown in the picture.

However, the girl was studying side by side to try to compensate for the loss of time.

 

Children of her age should be enjoying their youth by playing and doing what they want to do. But the strong will is clearly visible. Words do not suffice the description of this small scene.

There are many others who dont even get a chance to study even!

 

It's time for our ever money hungry ministers to wake up and do something for nation building.



© 2011 Priya Seht


Author's Note

Priya Seht
We all must wake up and report such incidents as Citizen Journalists atleast. Better still, we can go in for charitable causes not ofcourse encouraging begging.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on March 17, 2011


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing