Knot to rejuvenate

Knot to rejuvenate

A Story by Priya Thangavel
"

This short story illustrates the cluttered mind of Rahul in deciding and how he gets the solution through nature. It also expands the emotional bond of a grandfather and grandson.

"

 

My eyes are troubling to open even though my mind holds a plan to start early morning. Devoid leaving laziness swirling over the bed made me move back to the pleasant part of life. 

You might argue with me every one of us possesses enjoyable days, but it is very special because of my grandfather. He is greatly appreciated by the people of 'Senora' for his kindness and generosity. The rising of the sun with chirping birds and the holistic spread of green carpet of tea plantation will make any person impress at first sight itself. 

 

At my young age, we always walk over the tea gardens, and he used to say, “Do you know Rahul plants speak with us whenever we touch them, water them, and they can also exhibit various feelings as like us?". I turned back to him and said, “Are you joking grandpa? Don’t try to fool me I clever enough. Show me how your plants can speak? I tried to sarcastic him".

With his never-changing calm face, he replied with a simple answer, "You will come to know one day". Days passed on, I lacked interested in listening to his speech, and I try to engage with him in his daily routine activities. One of his morning routines is to water the mango tree and converse with them. He touches trunks of the tree as like touching a satin cloth.

 

He used to say, " Rahul, if you cut a plant nearby to the mango tree, then if you cross the tree, it will show fear. Research studies have proven the plant emotions through recordable gadgets."

I wonder how this man sitting in this village comprehends this valuable information, but I concluded that his friends would have given this wrong information. Every year I used spent my vacation period with my grandfather, and I relish those days. Still, we both possess different perspectives in the case of plant souls as of parallel lines of railway tracks.

 

There is always a judgment day that waits for every one of us, of course, my grandfather is not the exception too. He was nearing his ending stage I stood beside his bed. My hands uncontrollably waved his hair shedding with tears. He started to speak his last words " Rahul, my breathing may stop within a few minutes, before that I urge you to listen to my words. I request you to take care of this farmhouse and the mango tree. I extended a warm relationship with it until now. As I lived here over the years, this place preserves my emotions of life, which I have crossed over. Whenever I am not able to make a decision, I used to share my feelings with my treely partner. Somehow, or the other, I will get the best solution by next day morning".

 

But that doesn't sound me better, and I am not in a position to argue with him by spoiling his last moments. He continued to speak, "plants do rebirth as like of humans, and their souls will remember the humans who live around them. So, my loveable grandson, I request you to take care of everything in my absence", by holding my hands firmly. I partially agreed with him and said, "ok grandpa", to make his soul rest in peace. 

 

After my grandfather passed away, I never went to Senora, as I neglect the chance of reviving the memories of him by all means. One fine day I am unexpectedly put to a critical financial situation due to my wrong decisions in the business. Finally, I decided to sell the house, and I got connected with the buyer.

 

When I am thinking about the buyer, it struck me a remembrance making me jump out of bed. I looked upon the clock showing the correct time at 4.30 am, but I should start at 5.00. I rushed up and got ready for the trip to senora, as the buyer needs to see the place, and fix the date for registration. I travelled 4 hours and finally reached senora and stepped into the house. The buyer liked the old style house and the surroundings.

 

He was completely satisfied with the property and fixed a registration date, but he placed a request to cut off the mango tree as covering the entrance area. With no other go, I agreed with him, and I deputed some people in that area to destroy the tree. Last words of my grandfather nudged me, to speak with the tree to discuss my current situation, and I had a great hug with the tree before it is cut. 

 

Everything got over within minutes, and I decided to stay within Senora to recollect my memories with the house. Tons of thoughts flashed up in front of me, and I don't know when I slept off. The next day morning, I started to roam around the house, where my legs, just directing to the mango tree place missing; its absence hurt me a lot.

 

My eyes missed to twitching as a small mango plant got a rebirth in the same place. I am surprised to see it, and the rebirth of plants with their souls is never-ending. Meanwhile, my phone rings up with the contact name of John, who is my business partner. I picked up, and I could hear his shouting with unlimited joy, by spitting out the words of, "Rahul we succeed together our business contract is accepted by the Innovative Corporation, and there is no need to sell your grandfather house now". Now I agree with the words of my grandfather at last. 

 

Do you think only red blood establishes the bond between the relationships, but even the green ones to have everything? Yes, there is a silent rebirth that happens around us unnoticing and I am the first to experience it, after my grandfather.

 

 

 

 

© 2020 Priya Thangavel


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on May 6, 2020
Last Updated on May 6, 2020
Tags: nature, tree, relationship, love

Author

Priya Thangavel
Priya Thangavel

Coimbatore North, saibaba colony, India



About
Hi, I am priya I love to prepare articles of various categories. I always pay attention in developing the stories that paves interestingly supporting the author to encourage reading. more..