An Essay on Why Philosophy should be incorporated in the School Curriculum

An Essay on Why Philosophy should be incorporated in the School Curriculum

A Story by psisatyr
"

Philosophy--- and its needs to be added in the school curricula.

"
I know that schools all over in the World have not incorporated Philosophy in the curriculum. Why? They want to pay homage to their theologies of nationalism and religion. The government and the state are not eager to produce rational, skeptical and enlightened thinkers. Now what would Philosophy offer to the students? I would say that it would offer them everything to become blessed with rich panoply of Humanistic thinking. It would blend them as human beings who balance culture, religion and state ideals with holistic thinking that would be analytical, passionate and realistic. The world would become composed of better human beings. There would be inter-racial and international tolerance. If Education has produced Jihadists it is the inherent problem of Education. A philosophical outlook in students would reduce their need to become possessors of the ideologies of culture like State, Government, Religion and Economics. A philosophical outlook would enable the students to distribute the riches of the rich to a vast majority who are undergoing physically, mentally, socially and economically challenged backgrounds. A philosophical picture would imbue students to rise above the statutes of narrow parochialism and jingoism. A philosophical influence would endow the students with an aesthetic outlook that far surpasses national ideologies of culture and religion. A philosophy of culture would enable the students to integrate a weltanschauung of reducing the gap between white collar and blue collar workers. A philosophy learning would induce the processes of learning to appreciate differences of culture, yet remain committed to work for the ethos of the common good. 

© 2015 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on February 23, 2015
Last Updated on February 23, 2015
Tags: Philosophy, Education, School, Curriculum, Schooling

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing