The Quixotic Uncle Thomas

The Quixotic Uncle Thomas

A Story by psisatyr
"

It's a description about an eccentric Uncle for his love of writing and strange fascination for people importance.

"

Now I would like to introduce the readers about Quixotic Uncle Thomas. Uncle Quixotic Thomas was an income tax officer but now retired. He regards himself to be an excellent poet, an intellectual philosopher and above all an erudite man of words. He has a habit of writing poetry and books on philosophy. His world view is rather muddled: a hotchpotch of Christianity, Hinduism and idealist Philosophy. People at his home, especially his wife and kids (who are married and working) have given up on him as being demented. Sometimes he adheres to the saying “I am God” and sometimes he confuses God as being a human evolved idea. He has written a book where he is ambiguous about whether it’s God inspired or inspired by his on hand. He is fascinated about an evolution of a global society, where peace, love and democracy also become Gods and Religions of the World. The book mixes up evolution and creation. Yes, God created but Charles Darwin evolved and both like Ms. Malaprop ring bells of truth. He is a devout Christian one day, attending the rituals of the Church and on other days visiting Hindu temples and chanting the sacred OM and the Gayatri Mantra. He takes great pains to self publish his books apart from his weakness for expensive cloths, perfume, shoes and hotels. One quality that he does not have is he is not a womanizer. After publishing his books, he somehow by all means manages to obtain the addresses of very important people especially Prime Ministers and Presidents of Countries. He then dispatches his books to all these prominent people. He is like a greedy pig, waiting anxiously for their replies. Sometimes the reply to his book goes unanswered. But, he is lucky; few important people at least, pay heed to his writing. One day he goes berserk with happiness and remarks joyfully to me, I have had a reply from the President of Israel.

He reads eagerly to me:

“Mr. Thomas, your work baffles the intellectual, yet it is  thought provoking…its rituals as words of meaning proliferate endlessly into an ideal conception for the world and (humans) to emerge. Your generous gift is greatly appreciated. I wish you all luck in your writing and its endeavors.”

Signed for the President by his Personal Assistant.

I smile in appreciation for Thomas but keep my humor in my mind about whether the Personal Assistant has the time or leisure to read a book. I can’t help ridiculing my dear Quixotic Uncle Thomas for his simplicity that in the end all humans are like him and his talent would never go unnoticed.

Vanity …. You are no vain imposter …you besiege the mind in ideals chocking wit in ludicrous innocence and nonsense. I am also a fool swimming in your chartered depths.

 

© 2015 psisatyr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on June 26, 2015
Last Updated on June 26, 2015
Tags: Flash Fiction, Humor, Irony, Wit, Ridicule, Mock

Author

psisatyr
psisatyr

India



About
I am a pedagogist; I hail from God's Own Country in Kerala. Writing prose, fiction and poetry are my special interests. Making love, boozing are so delicacies of a fruit for me more..

Writing