Little Doll

Little Doll

A Poem by Kayleen

pretty little girl

charming little thing

frightened of her mind

never says a thing

pretty little doll

child on display

you will never hear her cries

you only see her play

such a little actress

she will never tell

something deep inside of her

a darkness overwhelms

pretty little doll

just a silly little girl

knowing more than she should

of her little world

pretty little one

darling little thing

she doesnt want to hurt them

if they realize what she's seen

 

 

© 2011 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
if you took the time to read it, please review it. thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"If they realize what she's seen" to me might not necesserily mean anything happened TO her physically. She may have seen something that would disturb her so much that she's gone within herself. So many adults don't realize how perseptible children are about their surroundings. Suppose she saw a rape, or a murder or something else of that nature. This is not to say that it wouldn't be about her being hurt physically, but I just get a sense that my first thought is the one. A great poem Kayleen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like this

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A large audience could relate to this piece.
I felt like you were talking about me!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think every parent should read this. How true, how true. Well said.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This has dark conotations, what has the little one seen or had to endure? the ramifications are quite disturbing, but thats the world we live in today. It's well written, and it may well give me nightmares.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am not much for critique, as they generally lead to a closed door. Your poetry is flowing and an easy read, with a hint of disturbing images. Something children see would likely both scare us to death and incite us the slow torture of the perpetrators.

I like.

Mark

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really really beautiful. I liked it simply because the image of a doll that can't show emotions...and that you will only see the doll play. We all sometimes act as if we are okay when we are not, I do often times. Putting a fake smile on my face in which everyone falls for, so that way they won't ask questions about what is wrong. I guess dolls just absorb the emotions and hide them forever so no one will ever be able to see the darkness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Unlike the punk feel of the last, more of an emotional game of dress up. Like a wooden soldier. Staight up and smiling with a cemetary in her closet.

Depressing and smokey


Posted 13 Years Ago


I stumbled across this, not even sure how now, and I absolutely love it! I see it was posted a long time ago, so I hope you are still around. I would like very much to use it...I will send you a message.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed the poem. It reminds me a lot of when I was a lot younger. You have talent, and can take yourself somewhere with writing. Keep it up, and work with your grammar.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1868 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 26, 2009
Last Updated on January 9, 2011
Tags: abuse, children, secrets, lies, innocence

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Words Words

A Poem by Fran Marie