Sometimes

Sometimes

A Poem by Kayleen

When the fear gets the best of me

When the hate steals whats left of me

When silence is the enemy 

I refuse to make a sound.


Sometimes.


When I cant stand to look at you

When all i want is pain for you

after everything you put me through

I look at you and smile


Sometimes.


When I let you near me 

When you think you know me

I find I speak sincerely

To give credit to a lie


Sometimes...

© 2010 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
if you took the time to read it, please take 3 seconds more to review it. thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This shows the best and worst side of human nature. The survival instinct where we will do anything to just keep moving forward, and the side of us that picks up the pieces and soldiers on. This is moving on so many different depths. I can envision this unreciprocated love you're describing and it makes me feel a connection with the girl. Your poems, whether I consider them good or bad, have managed to make me do this. You are a truly powerful writer, even in your weak moments.
It also shows the true nature of the human heart, that no matter what we always remember that love of ours. They can hurt us to where we feel like hiding ourselves in some corner of the world, but the memories and the feelings always remain. Well done, bravo!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is great. Fantastic flow, vivid, imaginative, to the point. Walks that fine line between blunt out-right anger and the need for sublte composure... nice job

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reminds me of a song, AGAIN.
Very interesting and i know this wasn't much of a review but i like the poem and its written well so good job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the contradictory effect within this piece:) Nothing in life is balack or white, you portray this very well here xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's truly amazing.
There always seems to be more behind you words.
That's what I love about your work.
It has a sense of mystery.
I enjoyed this one.
Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this verse is brilliant in how it delves into the dark and the light so seamlessly. it not only talks of pain and agony, it also talks of resilience and courage. that's what comes through intensely at the first read.
there is a lingering darkness and sense of betrayal, perhaps, for me as a reader in "When hate steals what's left of me" and "When I can't stand to look at you". There is a subtly stated feeling of avenging the immense pain that the narrator has lived through in "When all I want is pain for you, after everything you put me through".
it's simple and understated - the contrasts emerge through almost matter-of-fact statements - "I refuse to make a sound" and "I look at you and smile".
and as i read, i was left with a palpable feeling of the courage and resilience that is needed to move forward, to deal with pain.
and then, only on the second read, did the word "sometimes" make it's necessity apparent. it put the verse in a whole new perspective. it didn't belie the initial feeling of "moving on" but what it did drive home is that healing is a process - it takes time and effort and courage. there are good days and bad days. there are days when the light does peep through the window and breathing is easier. there are also days when silence blankets everything else and only the darkness of pain exists.
it's a very subtly stated and poignant verse, this one. beautifully written, and surprising in it's layers.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1956 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010
Tags: silence, enemy, sound
Previous Versions

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Succubus Succubus

A Poem by Muse


Words Words

A Poem by Desert Dreamer