Virtual Touch

Virtual Touch

A Poem by Kayleen
"

can it still be touching if nothing is tangible?

"
Shall I sit and write my troubles down for you?
You, the faceless names
You, the real virtuals
Sometimes, I try so hard to write down what's in my head
Like now, and now and then my emotions surpass my vocabulary
and this is what you get
An incoherent glimpse into some faint feeling I cant explain
Do you enjoy my misery or determination more?
Lets have a little vote
and decide how best to utilize this thing I seem to be
Manufacture me into an object of your entertainment
I reach for your approval
Do you find me miserable enough?
Pretty enough? 
to warrant your pity or your laugh?
Some connective common expression that passes quickly
over the faces I've never seen, staring blankly at this screen
in search of something human?
searching for what I provide
and struggle to find in you?

© 2012 Kayleen


Author's Note

Kayleen
please if you read it, take four more second and leave a review so i know what you thought of it. thank you so much :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You were able to convey what a lot of people think but never say. If only our vocabulary were as easy to unleash as our hands at grasping what it wants. Your determination is admirable. Your looks are fine (dare I say cute) and your curiosity at wanting to know if your writing is reaching anyone is natural and common.

If only we could all know what the other person who is scanning our work is thinking. But as you know, not all who read our words will breathe a word about what they thought. So ultimately, Fran Marie is right, we must write to the point that we are happy with our own writing. As for the question you ask, yes, you do touch people with your writing. That's why I wrote this. Good job Kayleen.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A timely write. I like your use of contemporary language and the spoken word quality added for a nice flowing narrative. Really enjoyed the phrase "the real virtuals"-- and the message... definately words to ponder over. Well done!

Makosica

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nicely executed piece.
Stands solid, nothing extra needed, nothing to remove,
Immovable.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Great stuff. Can mean a number of things, can even apply to writerscafe! Your form is great. Touching and revealing,love it. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This piece is far beyond your years, well written, very articulate, and unrelenting in the way it surpasses time and age. Enjoyed this one very much, and as always, looking forward to more...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful. That's really the only way I can describe this. It's deep, intellectual even, and extremely honest. Great work, amazing piece :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is very relate-able to many people and so honest. that makes this piece exceptionally great! love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


GORGEOUS! I'll say this was honest because be cause this is what I feel at times. Not always, but still at times looking for that validation. Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this is a great poem about what its like to write something and have other people we haven't known for a long time read our words. And then wonder are we doing the same for their work, would they hate our review or love what we say about the writing they did.
Kudo's for being bold enough to write about this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really connected to this one... And on an even deeper level than writing. I think everyone wants to be accepted in life, and they'll even change themselves to fit what other people want them to be. I really liked the frustration at others and at yourself you were able to put into this piece. I really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing that part of you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the obligatory head full of thoughts but nothing to write? i've been there...too many times to count...the frustration is well documented here...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1827 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2012
Tags: prose

Author

Kayleen
Kayleen

Anaheim, CA



About
Kayleen. 22. California. I Like Old School Punk Rock, Electro nonsense, and Katy Perry. The Mighty f*****g Boosh. Everything else amazing overseas we dont have here. I make movies, bad decisions.. more..

Writing
Not Capable Not Capable

A Poem by Kayleen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Desires Desires

A Poem by Kayleen


Tie me off Tie me off

A Poem by Kayleen


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo