The Bifrost Angel

The Bifrost Angel

A Story by thetealfox
"

Prologue of my Asgardian crossover character Just playing around with some openers

"

The Bifrost glowed beneath her feet. Multi colored waves of dark gold and blue. It throbbed in an unfair rhythm.  As if it was going to burn out, but instead it continued its steady drum of color. The female crouched down, a braid of gold and white hair swinging across her vision as she placed a hand upon the bridge. Her home. Her life. Her heart beat in tune with this colorful arch, the connection was a part of her. Yet she no longer felt the urge. The pull of power the Bifrost had lain upon her senses continued to diminish. She needed new scenery. She needed a new adventure.  She was empowered by hope alone. Hope that she would find that spark of life, find the addiction to heat that raged within. It was the only thing she had left besides the Bifrost. Even that was fading quickly. She smoothed her fingers across the bridges platform, noting the small almost insignificant cracks in its surface. Yes- this gateway was just as much a part of her as the flesh that covered her frame. It sensed her depreciating life force and it bled for her- in more ways than one.


The female turned and stood then. She would save herself, if not for her own contentment, but for the bridge. For the sanctity that it brought her and her people. She would die protecting it. She would give everything for to keep her promise to her father. Such was the Asgardian way. The bridge needed salve badly, but to contain such an object could prove quite difficult. To where would she find such a remedy? Backward steps brought her to the side of the Bifrost. Tunnels of black holes swirled beneath them, beckoning to take her away. Tickling her senses with a greedy obsidian fingers, urging her to take the plunge. Where she would end up she did not know. But she knew, she believed that it would be the right place. Golden eyes glowing with ambition the Angel, the protector of the Bifrost jumped from her cherished shelter. The hands of time swallowing her up into the blackness.

 

---Present Day---


The mind-world of a malign Angel had been annihilated, and only a fragile shadow had been spared. The Princess herself. Left as a shadow, to observe. To roam and to rot. Monolithic dead suns now hung in her lifeless skies, still wailing from the fate that had betook them. Black oceans of brooding hatred churned, unending cruelty stirring in the depths. The black hearted Angel crept between broken dreams, seeing all was beyond repair. Wingless ambitions were given no burial, left for the carrion-birds of apathy to feast upon. Desecrating everything, the cataclysm of time had gifted no mercy, all was torn apart, and all was disconnected and severed. So what was keeping her world together? The core of her world, her sanity must surely remain. So, gliding as a ghost over the deceased earth, the princess found the core, her sanity. Debris and rubble were all that remained, of the undying sanity of the Bifrost Angel.

 

Deep beneath the ground fingers begun to twitch.

 

Horror. Despair. Rage. Numbness. She felt them all. The Angel dispersed, unable to contain the frightful emotions within, and in its place came to form- a being. A being fraught with the passion of the forsaken. Her veins dry of blood, her heart dry of love. All her desires lay in the grave. In one moment- a torrent of incomprehensible emotion. And in the next? Silence of the lifeless. How could she be someone now? Was there anything left of her besides the insufferable disbelief? As minutes, that might have been days, or that might have been years, ticked and tocked callously away, that Angel corpse stood unmoved, before the remnants of her sanity. Perhaps waiting, perhaps dying, the world moved on without her. And so it was that, unknowingly, she had let a part of her die. Now a monument of sorrow lingering without purpose, she was blind to the weeping angel who soared above her, long icy fingers plucking spitefully at her soul, murdering her will to live.

 

A disturbance, above had lids fluttering.

 

And all over that world, an unfathomable scream was heard, discharged from no where and everywhere all at once, it immersed the world in something new. Something that banished sadness to the skies, and sew seeds of grim determination into the greedy soil. Nevaeh, cursed to forever suffocate, chained beneath the earth, where her eyes could not be seen. And yet she, who was so riddled with distress, rose to her feet, before her broken sanity, with a newfound fortitude of hatred and malevolence, a surge of black cruelty kicked in her veins. She would not end her reign like this. She would not.

 

A single breath escaped, the rebirth had begun.

 

Deep golden pools of emotion flashed open, swollen with tears that would not be shed. She had dreamed again, dreamed of a thousand worlds before this. A thousand other lifetimes parallel. Digits the color of cinnamon cracked themselves one by one from their rest, where they had been previously interlocked across her chest. The fallen Angel stretched herself almost lazily before sitting up in alert. She had not awoken because of her dreams as she so previously thought. No something else. Someone else had roused her from her narcotized slumber.

© 2015 thetealfox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very compelling. I like where this is going. Hopefully, you've got some more...

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2015
Last Updated on October 21, 2015
Tags: short story, ficition, crossover, bifrost, comic, asgardian, dark, twisty, cold, unfinished

Author

thetealfox
thetealfox

Baltimore, MD



About
Personal Blog/Stories more..

Writing