April's Rose

April's Rose

A Story by Jofer Serapio

"You may be the best apple in the world but not everyone likes apples."

 

From out of the corner of her eyes, she saw rain. It was raining hard that day; darkness made it seem as if it was night. It was cold and damp enough to blow out the flames of a candle that had been lost in despair and sorrow. The images she could see had appeared blurry as drops of crystal obscured her view. A silhoutte was standing over her, demanding her respect and looming with authority. She did not give him the benefit of it. Respect was something to be earned, not to be so easily mugged from a downtrodden soul.

 

"Humanity... Ive come so far to get mine back... Yet now, it seems worthless to have done so. What would you do to get what you want knowing it will never be yours?"

 

The voice boomed amidst the thousand needles pricking her flesh. She winced as she listened to his winged words of pain. Rain continued to pour heavily between them. As her eyes failed her, she was lost to a world of darkness. The rain stopped.

"She is the best apple in the world. Even if few people likes apples, it wouldn't matter. As long as she would be deemed the best by those she deems best."

© 2009 Jofer Serapio


Author's Note

Jofer Serapio
Image Disclaimer: I do not own the image included. I just found that it suited my piece so there you go. Special thanks to the original artist.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this. short and sweet, but powerful. the start and end quotes really made it.
great write!
~Jaz

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on January 19, 2009

Author

Jofer Serapio
Jofer Serapio

Paranaque City, Metro Manila, and Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines



About
Pepe | bibliophile | coffee junkie | (pro)feminist | straight edge | writer Script Frenzy 2011 Art has no boundaries This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-.. more..

Writing