EG

EG

A Story by Jofer Serapio
"

An article I wrote for our high school paper as the Editor In Chief...

"

            Eduardo Gory “Eddie” Guerrero was born at El Paso, Texas. His father was the late Gory Guerrero, a famous and great wrestler hailing from Mexico. He has 3 older brothers and one sister. He also has a mother that is still alive up to this day.

            At the age of three, Eddie Guerrero already knew the basics of a dropkick. This was inevitable considering the large wrestling ring found in their backyard. That wrestling ring was the playground of the Guerrero siblings. It was also the original ring where Gory Guerrero practiced, and soon after, Eddie followed.

            Eddie Guerrero was married love at first sight. He and his wife met because of a blind date and married soon after. His dad died on the same week he married. His dad died on a Wednesday and was buried on a Friday. Eddie married the Saturday the next day. He had been blessed with two adorable girls. He had a wonderful family but a bad habit…

            Eddie Guerrero, during his illustrious career, was addicted to booze and drugs. He could have died three times. One time he could have been deceased by his sleeping pill consumption and twice by his overdoses. Under the WWE, he was rehabilitated successfully. He could have lost his family, his career, and his life because of drugs.

            He started wrestling in Mexico. It took him a while to reach the fame ladder under the name Eddy Guerrero. That name, Eddy, was never found within Mexico. But during his matches, Mexicans would chant the non-existent name. Following under his dad’s footsteps was a great liability to him as he wanted to do so. Wrestling was his life, so he was quoted.

            He followed his brother Chavo  Senior to Japan where he was successful under the name, Black Tiger. He also had a tag team partner named Art Barr, who died before him.

Soon after, ECW drafted him as Eddie Guerrero. While in ECW, Eddie had great matches with Dean Malenko. ECW was famous for the blood, the scars, and the broken bones. However, with Guerrero and Malenko, technicality was associated with ECW. During their matches, the crowds went wild for every technical prowess they showed. No blood, no scars, just broken bones.

             WCW soon took notice of both Eddie and Dean. He was given numerous opportunities. The Cruiserweight Championship and the Hair vs Hair Match are two of which stuck to his name. Under WCW, he had done many things. To him, after doing all that he does, it was time to get another high. He found comfort in buying low riders and taking booze and drugs. That’s when he got addicted. He had many problems and his life took a nosedive. It wasn’t long after his release was granted along with Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, and Perry Saturn.

            They were then rehired by WWE. He debuted as Latino Heat, the hot tempered funny man who courted the 9th wonder of the world in Chyna. The term Mamacita and the shimmy dance were born and showcased to the world. His problems grew greater as his fame did. But lucky for him, he was rehabilitated and the WWE gave him a second chance to wrestle. Eddie Guerrero was reborn.

            Months followed and he won many opportunities, including the United States Heavyweight Championship, the WWE Tag Team Championship, and the WWE Heavyweight Championship. He was again addicted, this time for the adrenaline high from the crowds.

            Eddie Guerrero was a man whose story serves as an inspiration of hope. He proves that even though a person might be down, by the help of God,

he can still come back up high.

            On October 13, 2005, Eddie Guerrero passed away. While he might be gone physically, he had left us with memories that are hard to forget. Eduardo Gory Guerrero AKA Eddie Guerrero AKA Black Tiger AKA Latino Heat will always be the champion in every hoper’s heart.

            Good night, Eddie. Sleep well. Viva La Raza!#

 

Additional Information are found at/from:

Wwe.com

Cheating Death, Stealing Life; The Eddie Guerrero Story VCD

© 2008 Jofer Serapio


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Jofer Serapio
Jofer Serapio

Paranaque City, Metro Manila, and Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines



About
Pepe | bibliophile | coffee junkie | (pro)feminist | straight edge | writer Script Frenzy 2011 Art has no boundaries This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-.. more..

Writing