Dark as Death

Dark as Death

A Story by Quill
"

Short Summary: While at their peak of emotional connection, a brave soul is forced to take his lover's life. This story sounds best if read slow. Rated Teen for violence and suspenseful themes.

"

 The brutality of life's demands claw at the heart of my determination. It yearn to pry it out. I wear your robe, sharp but soft. Dark as death. It stirrs in the night breeze, wrapping around my shivering body and clinging to it, like a hug. Our hug. As I wear it, I sense you; your scent is stronger than the massive pines surrounding us. They block out the full moon I was supposed to share with you. I guess all promises can't be kept. 

The scent is not an illusion, it's you. My heart and soul can tell. Your hair, your skin. Not your blood. Not yet. I close my eyes. The wind get's stronger, so do I. So do you? My soul leaps out of me. I fly high up in the air, above the pines. In view of our source of light. Perhaps there is hope. You join me. Your elegance. Our eyes fix. Not green as the forest, bright as dawn, but black. Dark as death.

Your scent is near. On the edge, poking at my skin. Your soar into me. We are one. I see your new eyes, black as night. Your sense is now in my core. I think as you think, are what you are. I am you, you are me. I feel you, your sorrow, your agony, and I share it with you. This could not end, but somehow, it must. For a moment, we looked into our determination. Brutality at once had a grip. We gazed into our eyes once more. The shapes blend, the colors mix, into perfectly one. Our eyes. Our heart. Our soul. We are reluctant, Brutality tightens. Our fix tightens. We realise what must be done overpowers what must not. Brutality weakens. We are love. Brutality releases. We are free. 

Reality tears us, ending the bliss. Back on ground, I can smell the pines again, but your presence is too near. We are still one. I look down, and tears clog my eyes. My heart drops, but I pick it up again.

You are sprawled across the forest floor, the now freezing wind nipping against your pale flesh. Chest exposed, you heave with sorrow, dark eyes still fixed on mine. I see my target; your heart. Tears stinging my face, I whisper your name and draw our knife. Razor-sharp and silver is all I notice. I wish it would all be over. A mighty roar erupts from within our soul. I strike.
Your blood mixes with my tears. All is lost. Our soul is gone. Brutality laughs and makes way for the void to move into my heart. Whisper. Silence. My sorrow, my agony. Dark as death.

© 2009 Quill


Author's Note

Quill
Most of what I had to say was in the description of this piece. Except: Think of the motive on your own, if you haven't already. I hope you enjoyed the story. A review is much appreciated.

-Quill

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing. Beautiful imagery and form.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was amazing. The descriptions were so beautiful and the wording so elegant. I liked teh repetition of "Dark as death." The whole piece was lovely.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh so beautiful. I really liked this, it had lovley description, and great form. Nice.

- Kriss

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is beautiful! Very descriptive and emotional; I like that you don't give everything away to the reader, so imagination may take a great part in reading this piece. Well done.
Z

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah! This is really very deep and thoughtful!
What a great piece of writing..
Thanks a lot for sharing it here :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow, nice writing and interesting and fascinating to read
keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 4, 2009
Last Updated on March 12, 2009

Author

Quill
Quill

About
I accept any read requests or friend requests. -Quill more..

Writing