Sols Account of How He Shared the Day with Luna

Sols Account of How He Shared the Day with Luna

A Story by Brandon Quinn
"

A Sun and Moon romance story/origin story. Very Run-On.

"
 Sol had one wish..
 To share the burden that Luna held every night. Why was he the one who was chosen to watch over the bright, blue sky? All he wanted was to switch places with his other half, the Mistress of the Night. He thought to himself through his guardship of the Light," Is there a way that I could share the splendor of Day with my beloved?"
= As the planets passed him, one caught his eye. Earth. He kept a close watch on it and nurtured it, as it was his favorite of all the planets. Many years went by and life was created. Many worshipped him for the beauty that he revealed, but he could not help but to feel unworthy of this praise. "Why do you worship me, when there is so much beauty surrounding you?", he asked at the end of every cycle of Light. No reply came, and every night the world went silent just before the Moon came up. "I must find a way to show the people of this world that there is infinite beauty to be witnessed even in the darkest of hours."

 Many more years went by and he searched for a way to share the beaty of the Moon to the people and creatures of Earth to no avail...

 Thousands of years more, a little boy was out late at night. He of all people, would stare at the Moon and all of her magnificence for hours on end every night, wondering why he was the only one who recognized her allure. Of all things he had laid eyes on, the Moon was definitely the most brilliant. The next day, Sol was creating life and doing his usual routine of shining over the world equally. He noticed a little boy collecting rocks and shot an extra wave of warmth onto him..

 The little boy, overwhelmed with this new sensation of heat, held his hand in front of his face and looked up to the sky and said," Sun, why do you blind me?" For the first time since the beginning of time, the Sun replied to one of his Children,"Son, what is it that you find most beautiful about this Earth," he asked. The little boy with his hand held high replied, "The birds that fly higher than the trees, the fish that swim deeper than any word known to Man, the animals that feed on life and help the forests grow but most of all the Moon that watches over us as we sleep." Sol, astonished at the little boys answer, smiled and gave the boy a token of his appreciation before moving on, an amulet with the Sigil of the Sun.

 40 or so years later....Sol was again passing by this particular part of the world, only this time he noticed that in this isolated area there was now a shrine, which had the story of the Sun and Moons love inscribed on all sides of it. There was a weary old man sitting outside of it, wearing naught but a tattered cloth robe stained with mud and holding a staff with a crest depicting the Sun and Moon dancing around the World. Sol, recognizing this man, spoke up."Son of mine, what is it that you find most beautiful about this Earth," he said, louder than ever shaking the trees and ground beneath him. The Old Man looked up in the sky, and the Sun realized that he was blind. The Old Man mumbled," the birds that fly higher than the trees, the fish that swim deeper than any word known to Man, the animals feed on life and help the forests grow but most of all the Moon that watches over us as we sleep." Sol, again astonished to hear what this Man had said, decided to come down to Earth at once to meet him. 

They talked about the beauty that they had both witnessed and had the opportunity to share. The Sun cured his blindness with a poke of a needle made of the purest rays of his glow. Little did he know, the Blind Man was a wandering God, older than even Creation itself. Knowing that the Sun also appreciated the Moon as much as him, he decided to ask the Sun what he wanted most in the universe. "My Sun, what is it that you want most of all?" Sol, surprised by the sudden glow of this old man, decided to answer with extreme caution but honesty. "I do not know what powers you hold, Old Man, but I do know what it is I want most. I want to share the beauty of Day with, the Mistress of the Night, so that she may witness the beauty that she helped create, and people may witness her in awe."

 The Old Man laughed,"Then it shall be. But you must finish your cycle first." A sudden darkness came and the Sun rushed back up to the Heavens to light up the world again. He finished his routine not knowing what this Old Man had meant. That night there was no Moon, and nobody missed Her. Everything was quiet as usual and not a sound was made... The next morning.. The Sun was flying around lighting up the world when he noticed something. He noticed another being of light running around casting shadows on the world. It was Luna! The Moon shown even brighter that day alongside the Sun and they danced high up in the sky together for many hours. 

 That is why the Moon is seen in the Sky during Day. 

 -Sols account of sharing Day with Luna

© 2017 Brandon Quinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 17, 2017
Tags: Emotional, Sadness, Love, Heartbreak, Together

Author

Brandon Quinn
Brandon Quinn

pinellas park, FL



About
I am a 22 year old dude who only writes when he is in his emotions. more..

Writing