Jaina Windu, a Star Wars Fanfiction - Prologue

Jaina Windu, a Star Wars Fanfiction - Prologue

A Story by Brandon Quinn
"

Written as the bio to my Star Wars Galaxies Character. To be continued... Someday.

"
As the Jedi approached my great-grandmother, Head of the Windu Clan on Horuun Kal, I hid.. 
I hid because of the bedtime stories my mother had told me, of these Jedi coming and taking one of us, as if we were just another creature to study. We didn't think it to be our place to tell the Jedi,"no." They were our allies and we had much in common.
---As Korunnai, we are born force sensitive. To me, it has been more of a curse than a blessing. Others use these.. these "powers" to tame the wild beasts of Haruun Kal to do their bidding, while I help my mother and great-grandmother with the chores. It's when night falls and I close my eyes that it all starts.. The visions.. I can never make out much.. A man, with a suit of armor, darker than the furthest corners of space.. A mask.. He suffers, he calls my name and beckons me.. I start to feel more and more powerful and I reach out to him and the visions end.. I wake up to horrible pains throughout my body and mind. ---

 My great-grandmother had told me the Jedi were coming to help stop these visions, that they were not going to take me away from her or my mother. That they were just going to take their tests and leave. 

They didn't. 

They asked if they could take me away, if I would be willing to be able to follow in my great-grandfathers footsteps.. Former Master of The Order, Mace Windu, a very prospective "test subject," who ended up becoming one of the most renowned Jedi Masters of all time.. 

At first, I was reluctant. I was afraid. I had never left the sight of my mother. They told me that they would return in one rotation, and that I should open my mind up to the force and these visions. Try to make them out in more detail. One of the Jedi stayed behind, to keep a close eye on me and to "sooth my mind and body" during and after my visions. 

A few months went by, and the visions, continuing to get stronger by the week, also became more painful by the day. The Jedi that stayed behind was no longer able to help keep my pain under control, and it was increasing so much that he had to contact the other Jedi that had been here before and ask that they return sooner than they had planned to.

 Two more weeks passed, and the Jedi had arrived on Horuun Kal. They rushed in to see me, and told me that they had to take me to a sacred location on a faraway planet, that would help keep the pain that the Force had brought me and the visions away. My great-grandmother and mother agreed that this was for the best ,and sent me away with the Jedi.



-----YEARS LATER-----


I arrive on Naboo. My visions and pain fully subsided thanks to the help of the Jedi. 

At what cost, though? 

I am no longer force sensitive. Yes, it pains me to this day that I can no longer entertain myself with the ways of the Force... Yet.

A Jedi Master once told me, that I would have to lose the Force to lose my visions.. I told him that I felt I had no choice.. He asked me if I was sure and I nodded. He started the ritual that blocked my sense of Force. 

The last words he told me were,"If you train hard enough, and expand your mind and strengths in many different directions, then one day you will be able to remaster the Force, and maybe even become a Master of The Order like your Great-Grandfather, Mace Windu." He smiled and walked away, pausing for a few short moments to use the Force to help float a note back to me. 

I grabbed it right out of the air, not sure what the contents of it may have been. I opened it, and it read,



"We don't have to win, we only have to fight. -Mace Windu" 



I smiled, knowing that even if I didn't pass my Great-Grandfather in strength and wisdom, he would still be proud of me no matter where I went in life as long as I tried......

But that wasn't going to stop me from succeeding.

© 2017 Brandon Quinn


Author's Note

Brandon Quinn
Should I continue to write about this fictional character?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

208 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017

Author

Brandon Quinn
Brandon Quinn

pinellas park, FL



About
I am a 22 year old dude who only writes when he is in his emotions. more..

Writing