The Truth and What I Want to be Known For

The Truth and What I Want to be Known For

A Story by Quinn W
"

A rambling of unorganized thoughts that entered my mind. I'm sorry but I just had to get this out.

"
Here are some truths about me:
1) I've never had a boyfriend.
2) I've never kissed anyone (or been kissed by anyone).
3) I've only had one crush.
4) I'm not a big fan of dresses and skirts.
5) I'm not extremely girly.
6) I'm an introvert.
And that's okay because:

1) Not having a boyfriend doesn't mean no one likes you.
2) Not being kissed doesn't mean you're undesirable.
3) Only having one crush doesn't mean you can't fall in love one day.
4) Not wearing skirts and dresses doesn't mean you're not pretty.
5) Not being girly doesn't make you less of a woman.
6) Being an introvert doesn't mean you're unworthy of others' attention (Don't believe me, read my story I Love You.)

I've thought all of those things
and it took so long to realize that.
These things don't define you!
Your personality does!

In your teenage years, theses things are all around you. People in relationships, girls all dressed up everyday. You don't have to do that if you don't want to. What you wear or what you have doesn't mean half as much as what you say or what you do. Wearing a lot of makeup or a short skirt might make people notice you but is that really what you want to be known for? I don't. I want to be known for being kind and generous. Not for my looks. Yeah it's nice to be called beautiful but I like to be called helpful. Imagine what you would feel if someone called you INSPIRATIONAL. I would drop to my knees and cry if someone said that to me. I want to be an influence on people not the fashion industry or reality TV shows. I don't want to be known for the count of money I have, I want to be known for the amount of money I GIVE.

© 2016 Quinn W


Author's Note

Quinn W
Sorry this isn't very organized but it was just on my mind and I needed to type it out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this Quinn! I love how you list the things that would make you "different" in the worlds eyes. But the list below is something not many think of! You're such a great writer and person girl!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

AAAAAAW thank you so much!!!!!
You are INSPIRATIONAL and I really mean it...

What should I say, I think you made me happy Quinn, I have always been a fan of people like you, believe me... What you have said here is very honest and I can feel the passion and desire in your heart to be a kind woman than to be called a "beautiful woman"...

It really doesn't matter how you look, it absolutely doesn't, it's the elements you have in your heart that makes you amazing, the makeup will fade away one day, the dresses will no longer bear the same color one day but your heart will always shine, it's your only thing that will be with you forever...

It doesn't matter what you accomplish in life, it only matters how you have helped someone else to accomplish something in their life...

I know this heart of yours will never change because I know you have seen the real beauty of life which lies in making someone else's life better...

What a joy to read this amazing write my frnd... I admire you so much...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment! Thank you!!!!!
It makes a nice statment(this is how I saw it): Being different isn't being bad

Posted 7 Years Ago


Even though I don't know your age (but just based on the references in your writings, I'd guess teen/young adult), I will tell you this: your thought process is very matured. You are focused on the right things while others around you are obsessed with fleeting things. I know it doesn't sound like much coming from a complete stranger, but be proud of who you are and press on in that vain. Those other things will come in the right time if you want them to. I know because I've lived it. This could have been written about me in my younger days.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Aaaw! Thank you so much! I often get told that my mind is too mature for my age and that I understan.. read more
moonlit_cove

7 Years Ago

My pleasure, Quinn. I always enjoy reading your work and thoughts.
Your thoughts are still beautiful nonetheless. I think the message rings, wriggles- rather warmly, if I may say so. I hope you preserve this mindset.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I was really worried no one would understand what I was trying to say.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2016
Last Updated on July 27, 2016
Tags: truth, happiness, reputations, fame

Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W