Simple

Simple

A Poem by Relvester

"We lay awake at night, I listen to you whisper 'I Love You'. Over and over in my ear while you're drawing pictures on my back, with your finger. This moment can't possibly be, any sweeter. The starlight, reflected off the surface of your beautiful eyes. I swear it's like I'm staring into moonlight. Oh the way your lookin at me makes anything all right. When I'm with you, you're the only thing that matters. But why can't I say it? 'I Love you too". You lay awake one night, thinkin bout all of the wasted nights, I should've said I love you. But now the stars above you, are pointing to the door. You press your lips to my cheek, and whisper you love just before you leave. A tear gleams in your eye, afraid to say goodbye, so you don't. And now you're gone... Waking up with the sunrise, I reach over and to my surprise, I'm lying here alone holding your pillow. I run out the door, I know I'm not afraid to say it anymore. I just wanna hold you, and I know you wanna hold me too. Banging on your door. I just cant stand the thought of losing you anymore. I wanna say I'm sorry, and tell you that you'll always be a part of me. Your door opens up. I know you didn't think that I would give up, just like that. The tears on your cheeks, to see you like this makes me feel so weak. But for some reason you're smiling. You eyes are so inviting. You leap into my arms. Screaming "Hold Me!', and whatever lies beyond this morning, I swear I'll never let you go. Just like the first time we met, so long ago. And then I finally say I love you! And in between each kiss you say you love me too. I swear as long as we're together, through dark and stormy weather, I'll always love you, I love you."

© 2010 Relvester


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on July 23, 2010

Author

Relvester
Relvester

San Diego, CA



About
Holaloha! more..

Writing
I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by Relvester