Invisible

Invisible

A Poem by Rachel
"

hiding your true self

"

I am invisible outside of my world. Noone knows I exist, and nobody knows what I am. People don't see me, because I only show them the shell of my true nature. I go through the motions of everyday life as if any of it really matters, and all of my energy is focused on ensuring that I stay mysterious to the people around me. I have to. Everyone that I know thinks I am an innocent girl who never gets into any trouble and is always smiling inside and out. If they knew the truth, most of them would never come near me again. So I don't tell them. I hide myself behind this mask, and let everyone just assume I am who they say I am. It is the only way that I'll stay safe. I must stay invisible.

© 2009 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is sweet! It depicts how there's just some huge crazy down in some people, and they don't let it out. People still hiding themselves so deep and knowing or feeling like they have to hold it in. And to stay safe and invisible never being vulnerable. It all sounds so good together, flows well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


omg! Feel the exact same way like I'm living with a mask... I loved it

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is bloody brilliant.
kind of the whole American Psycho thing.
like things aren't what they appear to be.
superb, superb write.
i really enjoyed reading it.
xxx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2009

Author

Rachel
Rachel

Dallas, TX



About
I am 27 years old and I work at a grocery store. My hobbies, besides writing, include knitting and playing the violin. more..

Writing
The Box The Box

A Story by Rachel


Collision Collision

A Poem by Rachel