Chapter 1: Prolouge and the First Two Days

Chapter 1: Prolouge and the First Two Days

A Chapter by supersparks

 Font from www.1001freefonts.com, dandelions in the spring.

April 28, 2003

Itll take you forever to get over it. Another forever to forget it ever happened. To forget his face, the orange light of the lamppost on his cheekbones. To forget the way he smelled: like mint and old books. To forget the thousands, f**k that, millions of things he couldve meant when he said those words.

To forget the things you couldve meant when you said them back.

            The local news gave him nothing but a paragraph.. One hundred words to try to sum him up. They mentioned you, too: Joseph Miller died in a car accident. He was driving with another man by the name of Finn Charlston…”

       Youll never be able to look at a Kia ever again.

 

December 31, 2002

       You hate New Years Eve; you always have. Its a new year, so what? Theyre pointless and idiotic. You always point all those things out to Chloe every time she goes to this stupid party, to which she always says You dont have to come. Its not true though. Shes your sister; of course you have to come. Shes only eighteen, but she could pass for twenty-one, easy. And besides, nobody gives a s**t at these stupid New Years Eve parties. You here shouting from the living room, and slowly, you walk towards the archway connecting the kitchen (where youre at) and the living room itself. As soon as you walk into the room, Chloe grabs your arm. Cmon, she says, Its almost midnight! She pulls you towards the TV.

            You join in the cheering with the rest of the f*****g idiots.

January 1, 2003

            I feel drunk, Chloe giggles as the both of you walk towards your car. Shes stumbling a bit.

How can you feel drunk? you ask. All you had was ginger ale.

Thats what you think. At your angry look, Chloe laughs. Oh, loosen up! I was kidding!

Someone couldve slipped something into your drink, you say. Youre worriedwhat would you mother do to you if she found out Chloe got drunk?

Dont be an idiot. It just tasted like regular ginger ale. Youre ignoring her now, though; you just realized that someone is blocking your car in..

F*****g idiots, you mumble. The car blocking you is an old red Kia.

Sorry, a guy says, coming up behind you. Thats me. You glance behind you. Its dark, so you cant see much: just that hes very tall. You shrug.

Joseph, the guy says, holding out his hand, but call me Joe. You shake his hand quickly.

Finn.

Joe grins. You cant see the smile itself, but you can see his cheekbones jutting up, and his eyes narrowing. Cool name. Ill move my car now.

He steps in the car and it tears out of the driveway. Reckless driving equals reckless guy. He rolls down the window. See ya later, Finn.

Bye. You nod curtly. Chloe behind you is desperately trying to flirt with the guy; flipping her hair and batting her eyelashes, but the guy-Joe-doesnt seem to notice. Youre glad; hed have to be a total dick to hit on someone five, maybe six years younger then him. He rushes off down the street, but he catch a glimpse of his hair in the streetlamp. 

Raven. 

"C'mon," you say to Chloe, "get in the car." 

 



© 2013 supersparks


Author's Note

supersparks
Realistic enough?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013
Tags: story, Chloe, Finn, Joe, Kia, college age


Author

supersparks
supersparks

Atlanta, GA



About
I'm a budding writer, ready to bloom. more..

Writing