Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Questions

Questions

A Story by Rachnama
"

A write-up dealing with a situation we so often face in life - when dreams shatter - hope is followed by desperation and disillusionment. A different take in terms of style and association with Nature

"
HISTORY. 

The path is clear. Only a meandering trail but clear nonetheless. Stretching endlessly across the plain, narrowing till a speck meets the horizon. Beautiful, I think. Rocks and pebbles dot the landscape, an occasional shrub trying to snatch the clarity of the trail ahead... But the trail is visible again. Perfect. The twists and turns, the rocks and pebbles, the shrubs and grasses make it perfect. Something to explore, to challenge, to struggle, to obstruct, to admire, to weep for...yet the clearsightedness makes the frame perfect. Perfect was never about the destiny,the horizon is but an illusion. Perfect is about the journey, and the trail was perfect. 

The destiny: beautiful, the journey: perfect. And the math is simple. 1 and 1 makes 2. A sudden flash of realisation and the decision is made. This is it. It cant get better. 
Dreams are young, the world is small, and few words described it all.The journey begins, the shadow follows, its taken for granted... 


FOG. 

The shadow disappeared, the trail disappeared, the pebbles hurt my naked feet, the shrub pricks, I stumble on the rock...I get up, turn around. Where is the trail? Where is the shadow? I turn around again. Where did I come from? Where am I headed? I turn around again, and again, and again... Its a Spiral.... round and round...Where, When, Why, How, What, Which...Spiralling... Round and round and round...I drop to the ground. 


SLEEP. 

The sun is overhead. The warmth is welcoming. The rays dance on my eyelids as the soft breeze makes the leaves rustle. A new day, a new beginning, a new hope, a new smile. I wake up and stretch myself and take in all the freshness of the noon. My eyes open only to stare at the ground below. Still no shadow, the sun is overhead. My eyes move rapidly searching the ground, straight ahead towards the horizon. I look up. My eyes are still searching. Outside and inside. I remember a trail. a perfect trail. The empty vastness of the landscape overwhelms me. The horizon doesn't meet a speck. It meets the landscape in a long, continuous, uninterrupted line. Where? When? Why? How? What? Which?... the spiral begins.... I turn around. The same vastness of the landscape. Another horizon meeting another long, continuos, uninterrupted line.A gasp of disbelief, I swallow hard. 
There aren't any dreams, the world is now enormous, and there are so many words to describe a gamut of emotions. There is no path for a journey. The shadow left yesterday, the sun does not let it return. Eternal Vacuum.... Another day, another night... 

THE DAWN OF REALISATION.

© 2012 Rachnama


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful...same things I view sometimes..
Keep writing!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012

Author

Rachnama
Rachnama

Delhi, India



About
As a profession I read stories that numbers tell and as a passion I write stories that my heart tells. more..

Writing