The Window

The Window

A Story by Rachnama
"

A window of opportunity often opens up in life and before we know it, it disappears as suddenly as it had appeared leaving us with faint memories of longing

"

 It opened the other day, suddenly, without fair warning. A light breeze and it opened. And out there lay the unexplored, in full view, while she stood mesmerised.

 

The unexplored didn’t define anything. It was beyond her aspirations and expectations. It was bereft of any classification in her scheme of things �" right or wrong, black or white, nothing. Just pure, unexplored territory.

 

She set out at once - romancing the bright blue sky, tangoing with the gust of wind, flirting with the lush green grass as it tickled her feet. She laughed, her full laugh that held nothing back as her head tossed behind. She hummed her usual tune which for some reason sounded more melodious and soothing. Then she lay down in complete silence, a silence that offered comfort rather than the fear of nothingness. A silence so pure and so pleasant that she couldn’t help but cry. Somewhere deep inside something had moved. The pressing weight of expectations disappeared, the narrowing path of aspirations lost boundaries and for once there were no words to describe what she felt.

 

It closed yesterday, suddenly, without fair warning. A light breeze and it closed. And she was left with faint memories of the unexplored, bereft of any definition, just like a dream.

 

Veni, vidi… Invictus


© 2012 Rachnama


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012

Author

Rachnama
Rachnama

Delhi, India



About
As a profession I read stories that numbers tell and as a passion I write stories that my heart tells. more..

Writing