My attempt at an epic

My attempt at an epic

A Poem by r
"

epic: an extensive, serious poem that tells the story about a heroic figure.

"

To save the world

One person at a time

Is a dream

Of mine

 

To be the hero and help

To people who had my past

I wonder how I would feel

And how long it would last

 

Being a hero

Is one tough job

You might save a million people

But on the inside, sob.

 

The hero is always

Prepared to fight

To stand up

For what is roght

 

They will risk

Their life

To save one

Life yours and mine

 

I often have had the dream

That I was the heroine

But to save the world

Would it be a sin?

© 2010 r


Author's Note

r
its not exactly an epic but it kind of is.... right?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your right. It is and isnt an epic, but I admire your dream of helping people. Good Job with this one :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


it seems forced at the second to last stanza. I like your meaning, and I agree with everything. I've had the same dream.. Its an imossible dream, and its self-distructive


Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow I love it especially the line (For what is write) or is that a type O in this write..lol anyway I can relate to this piece because right now I’m involved with A. A. and the church. This piece is so right on the money.
It’s always been a dream of mine to help people in a positive way, It can be frustrating but
I believe we all need to do are good deed to be the unsaid hero.
Way to go with this write. Excellent job well done


Posted 13 Years Ago


I believe the other reviewers said pretty much everything that needs to be said. (I don't like to repeat) [=

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like your dream here. It is noble to wish to save the world. I think when we try on a smaller scale, little by little we make an impact. Nicely done.

~True

Posted 13 Years Ago


My Novels are about Hero's & Champions
*********************************************************************************************************************
Hey open page too cool I get here first. forth view, first review, nice! I brought the net? *** For what is write *** go girl that's cool. Seen Kick A*s Hero's. Sorry I'll be serious, it your handle an bring out the joker, who cries at hero movies, the hardness felt in a room full of friend sand what? Laughing while you cry, at girl friends abused by a*****e? Friends that get hurt again an again and can't be helped. This what I felt here. That and you relate because, you know!

Sin is as sin does, I love the world and write about darkness and light. See both sides equally, on account of the sinful things I've done with my wold. I've worked with hard core youth and Foster care and drug addicts, the accused and abused. Why, because f**k... I was! Beaten bloody Hospitalized, Raped physically and emotionally. Because I was weak. Wanted to be loved and hated the fucked up home and divorce of my youth. Hey, you fault, cause this poem brought it out an you share the love an I do... that's the deal...

You might not mean this as hard core, but, then again maybe you do. First visit first poem an all. A very emotive poem and extract the s**t man! I like this and the context of the Hero. Will it be a sin to turn the world. i think so. Some B******s, need to go to hell for the stuff done to others! I'll be equa,l here.

I've met some evil b*****s in my day, as well.To bad I was attracted to em all.

ah ha ha, I learned 53an still never been married... too abused, Wanna save me?
*********************************************************************************************************************
Write On / Right On Hero... Good stuff. >>>Ro....Peace 05/23/10 Quesnel Canada.




Posted 13 Years Ago


There are no such thing as heroes anymore.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how you humanize the hero and try to show how and they feel and lets the reader familiarize with her. Plus, the rhyme scheme is kinda cool too, :)


Posted 13 Years Ago



6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1889 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 24, 2010

Author

r
r

PA



About
Deleted more..

Writing
Bipolar Life Bipolar Life

A Poem by r


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by r



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rage Rage

A Poem by Daniel Gardner


Depression Depression

A Poem by JenLyn