A Wasted Life

A Wasted Life

A Poem by Rayne~Drop.
"

A Slave's life. What comes to mind? Pain. Agony. Suffering. Both physically AND mentally. All of this, PEOPLE. HUMANS. Have gone through. And did anyone care how they ever felt? One word answer. NO.

"

A Wasted Life


Lined up like horses,
And sold like dogs.
Their entire life is wasted
Tending to their master's beck and call

Beaten,
Bloodied,
And bruised.
Scarred mentally too.
Their entire life is wasted
Doing what they're told to do.

Separated from family.
Taken away from friends.
They're worked to the bone.
Whipped within life's end.

Thus the life of a slave,
too long in the end.
The only rest they'll get
Is unfortunately when they're dead.

© 2012 Rayne~Drop.


Author's Note

Rayne~Drop.
Originally, this was for a History project. We were told to write poems on slavery, not essays, than God. While slavery was mainly a problem around colonial times, enslavement didn't stop after the Civil War. While we may not think about it, slavery is still around here today, unfortunately. We just chose not to think about it.

I figured I hadn't posted a poem in a while so, merh. What the hell. No harm done.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

umm okay, Idk if this Ni[c] guy is kidding or something, but i don't really care either. I think this is an amazing poem, and I hate how we, and yes I put myself in the plural with all of the rest of the stupid white people back then(and even now), put all of those people through the suffering that they endured eventually until they died. It's the only part that really got to me during History class, and I can't believe we've ever done it. Wasn't America supposed to be a place where people could start over? The land of the free and all that crap?

Well, great write :)
talk to you later
~Chey

Posted 12 Years Ago


miserable poem. i feel you can do better than this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very powerful poem about something people don't like to talk about but really are afraid to. Thanks for sharing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
Yayy. IT'S A F*****G POEM. :D First you fina-f*****g-ly post a chapter for Soul Chasers, and then you post a poem?! WHAT HAS BECOME OF THE WORLD...!? *dramatic gasp*

o.O Um, anyway. I loved this poem. I don't want to write a super fucktastically long review, so, uh...yeah. I love the italics and the concept. Few people remember what slaves went through [and still are going through in some cases/places...hehe, i rhymed *smothered*] and it's nice to read something about it that isn't a ridiculously long book or story. o.o I hate history books, but poems are fine. 'Cause they're short and I am extremely lazy. Muwahaha. And yes, Thank God you didn't have to write an essay. 'Cause essays f*****g suck. x.x I love the ending 'cause it ended! :D Kidding, kidding. xD I loved the ending 'cause it's so dismal. Yes, I just had to use that word. I love depressing poems, especially when they have depressing ends. Epic.

So, AGAIN, I love this poem. 'KAYTHANKSBYE. HAVE A NICE DAY. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on January 17, 2012
Tags: slaves, colonial, history, america, colony, auction, inhumane, broken

Author

Rayne~Drop.
Rayne~Drop.

♫ Death City ♥, NV



About
Hi my name's Rayne and I don't write much anymore which means I'm never on this website. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..