Perspective

Perspective

A Story by Zak
"

A story about a kid that has a bad night then he realizes something very important at the end.

"

It was past midnight. He was at his apartment trying to figure out what just happened and why it happened to him. He knew he was thinking about it too much, he just didn’t know how to stop thinking about it. Ethan was sitting at his couch. The TV was turned off. Only the kitchen lights were on.

“Awe screw this I need to go for a walk, this is slowly taking over my mind”. Ethan got up, not really wanting to get up. He took a glance at the clock above his TV.

“It’s 12:30 in the morning people are going to think that I’m crazy” With a grudge, he forced himself out of the apartment. Right before the door closed… “Awe man I almost forgot my keys. Its literally 30 minutes into today and I'm already experiencing bad luck. This day can’t get any worse. Ethan quickly snatched his keys off the bowl by the door and left the apartment. As he walked downstairs he kept thinking how bad his life was. I’m paying so much for an apartment just so I can walk up these stairs. They should really add an elevator. This place sucks. Ethan said to himself.

Ethan left his apartment building and it was cold outside. “Ugh, I should’ve got a sweater. How can I be so dumb? It's late fall, Ethan. Don’t expect it to be warm day and night!” Ethan was really having the unluckiest day of his life. He turned to his right and continued to walk down the street. He knew that it leads to the beach and that would be the best place to be right now. Listen to the calm waves might calm him down too. Hopefully, nothing bad will happen to him while going to the beach.

As Ethan continued to walk the empty street he noticed it was too empty. Yes, it was late at night but it was a Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Some people usually party and are around.

As he approached a dark area of the street, he said to himself, “why don’t they have street lights in this area �" Awe I stepped in dog crap, just what I needed!” Ethan wiped his shoes off the edge of the sidewalk and continued with caution.

As Ethan approached the beach he saw a homeless person sitting down by the sidewalk.

“Can you spare some change son?” said the homeless guy.

Ethan looked through his pockets and was able to find a couple of dollars. He gladly handed them to the stranger.

“If you don’t mind me asking why are you homeless?”

“I used to have a job but they shut me down and no other job is able to hire me” replied the man.

“What about your family?”

“The only family I have is dead, my wife and two kids died in a car crash a week after I became unemployed.”

Hearing that made Ethan realize that one should be thankful for everything because there is always someone other there that has it worse. Moral of the story is to be thankful for what you have even if you think the world is against you because there is someone out there that is having it worse.

© 2019 Zak


Author's Note

Zak
What do you think of the plot?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on April 18, 2019
Last Updated on April 18, 2019
Tags: perspective, life lesson, bad day, short story, adventure

Author

Zak
Zak

MA



About
Aspiring writer more..

Writing
NIGHT MISSION NIGHT MISSION

A Poem by Zak


The beginning The beginning

A Chapter by Zak


The Dream The Dream

A Book by Zak