Three words.

Three words.

A Story by ragelmarli
"

When is the right time?

"
Three words. Most times taken for granted, and only a handful are spoken with meaning. It's always the first time that stores itself into your hard drive.
It's the moment that packs every ounce of nervousness in your gut. The moment of silence waiting to be filled. It's the hesitation before you stutter more nonsense.
Someone told me that the first time you say those three words are meant to be a spontaneous act of God. A random occurrence that turns you inside out.The three words are meant to be a sudden mumble that just pushes it's way out of your lips. They're are meant to fill the silence between you and that one special person.
But everyone I know says that they take their time to plan these kind of things out. I mean, I don't necessarily understand the mechanics of how you'd plan such a thing, but I guess people do. They'd rather have a crowd watch you and your "special friend" share a moment that was meant to be hidden from the world. 
You pull out the flowers behind your back and smile as you say those three words. In reaction, your "special friend" blushes as she examines the crowd watching with eager smiles. Their faces flush and your plastic words melt before you.
No reply, just her eyes staying glued to the floor.
Sometimes things turn out like the movies you see or books you read...

Fireworks explode around you as they express their deep feelings in return. As you two kiss, your eyes close and that gut feeling dies down...
Finally, the moment passed...

~*~

I mean, personally, I'd stick to a random, spontaneous moment. It's amazing to think of how God plans things out

~*~



I just want you to know. I want to hold your face in my palms and blurt it out. I just want this feeling in my gut when you make me laugh to go away. I want to lean my head against your chest and say it with ease. I want the words to flow through the air and to your ear drums...

I've fallen for your stupid jokes. I'm in love with the way you tilt your head back and smile that smile at me. I've examined the dimples on your cheeks and the pupil in your eye. I could count the moles and freckles on your face. I've muted everything else that's distracted me from listening to you tell me the stories you tell me. I can close my eyes and remember the way you hold my hands and trace my finger tips. I can feel the tingle on my neck when you whisper in my ear. 
I fell in love with the effort to tippy toe when your lips curl around mine. I fell in love with the way you brush the hair out of my face. I fell in love with your piercing blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. 
You've made me love bad hair days and let go of my smearing make up. I don't feel the need to look away when I cry. 
I want more of you whenever I get the chance to have a piece of you. I miss you when you're two feet away.  

I've accepted your past and your flaws. Your stories of tripping and falling as a kid, and lessons you've learned. You may not be perfect but you sure as hell are perfect for me. You've fixed me up and placed the aid I needed from my past battles. 
I want to fall asleep in your arms and wake up in the morning scattered across the bed. I want your kiss on my forehead forever. I want your arms around me while I dream for the rest of my life. I want to want only you. I'll let go of the past and grow old with you. I don't want to let go.

I just want the spontaneous act of God to shine it's light on us.

I don't want His moment to be a sudden relief because it's over with... 
I want it to take away the breathe I'm holding in my lungs and let the oxygen flow naturally again.

 

© 2013 ragelmarli


Author's Note

ragelmarli
Love at its highest peak..
Young and new.


Comments? Help?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmm, I can say that you've found your voice, but I'm not sure you do it justice here.
In my personal opinion, I feel that you could strengthen some of your sentences with better structure, and use more precise diction. I think you really have a handle on who you want to be when you write, and what you want your readers to take from it.

Personally, I think you're much better than this. I don't want to come off rude but with a little more effort, this will be a masterpiece. You've got the skill, use it.

Now, for a much more personable review hehe.

I loved it=D. I could feel that twisting, gnawing sensation and that nervousness, ya know?;D I think you're very talented, and that you should really focus on writing more. Also, the use of God in writing is a hard thing to do and I think you pull it off really well. =D
Keep going and thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ragelmarli

11 Years Ago

thank you!



Reviews

Well hon... I'm impressed. I've never been a person to write about love; more like struggles from inside of yourself. But once I read this, I got that little "pang" of jealousy that I get when I see how awesomely someone wrote about their one true love. Good job, girlie! Imma be reading your works more often! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ragelmarli

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Hmm, I can say that you've found your voice, but I'm not sure you do it justice here.
In my personal opinion, I feel that you could strengthen some of your sentences with better structure, and use more precise diction. I think you really have a handle on who you want to be when you write, and what you want your readers to take from it.

Personally, I think you're much better than this. I don't want to come off rude but with a little more effort, this will be a masterpiece. You've got the skill, use it.

Now, for a much more personable review hehe.

I loved it=D. I could feel that twisting, gnawing sensation and that nervousness, ya know?;D I think you're very talented, and that you should really focus on writing more. Also, the use of God in writing is a hard thing to do and I think you pull it off really well. =D
Keep going and thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ragelmarli

11 Years Ago

thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013
Tags: love, time, promises, when, i love you, happy

Author

ragelmarli
ragelmarli

Beach Park, IL



About
I'm Ragel :) (Ray-Johl) Planning to double major in Creative Writing and Mass Communications and Media. :) I love writing, I love the voice it gives me. I love the chills that come in reaction .. more..

Writing
If only If only

A Story by ragelmarli


Claim Claim

A Poem by ragelmarli