The Rope that held

The Rope that held

A Story by Wingless Angel of Dreams
"

A Paragraph or two about a Holding onto something, from anothers point of view.

"
There was a little old rope holding tightly to the dock and the harbors large posts. For years and years it held on tight through blizzard and hurricane alike; never faltering in its grasp.

One day a girl, blooming into a beautiful young adult, stopped before the rope on her way to school. Every day, ever since she could remember, she had passed that rope, the same one every time; the rope growing older just like she. She looked at its shaggy strong arms, and its tight grasp on its job and spoke to it.

 "Dear rope, why do you hold on so tightly, never faltering even in you age. You don't know much about what you hold on to had to do, do you? So how come you hold so tightly every year? How do you do it, dear rope?"

And with a minute of collection of her thoughts she pressed on. Leaving the rope to hold, ever more, ever, more.

© 2010 Wingless Angel of Dreams


Author's Note

Wingless Angel of Dreams
Its a short little story i came up with, with the intention of using it as an analogy... the Rope doesn't really give her a straight answer, maybe it did, and maybe ill find out one day....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute :) There a few typos here and there, but I think this is a really awesome little story. It's really well written, and I feel like different readers can draw different conclusions about what the rope and the girl might mean to them. Nice work ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2010
Last Updated on September 4, 2010

Author

Wingless Angel of Dreams
Wingless Angel of Dreams

NY



About
Writing is my passion. It keeps me up past 2 AM, on a school night typing out my hearts desire to the Holy Spirits whispered words. It keeps me thinking, always writing, and always dreaming. .. more..

Writing