Dark Side of a Circus

Dark Side of a Circus

A Poem by Raj Sahu
"

This poem give message that animals and birds should not be harassed.

"


Along with my family, I am visiting a Circus;
Very delighted and excited I am.
But suddenly; a painful sight jerk us
And everybody's cheek it slam.

We see many animals and birds
Who are looking with their elegiac eyes.
Beasts are mostly in girds,
Standing in despair and cries.

Hear what the bird say,
"Flying is my natural behaviour
but they clips my wings all day,
I feel a need of saviour."

And then the horse quoth,
"They tethers me with short rope
which I strongly loath
and only thing I want is to elope."

The dog is not far behind in saying,
"They locks me up in cage.
All mankind is betraying
and this act makes me enrage."

Then the elephant tell,
"I am waiting for an apostle,
To save me; as they compel
and beat me to keep me docile."

On hearing all; I feel an intense disgust,
Disgust for our selfishness.
It is our duty to entrust,
But we are surrounded by our greediness.

I am feeling myself guilty,
How offensive we became!
How one can show such cruelty?
I am feeling all ashame.

© 2017 Raj Sahu


Author's Note

Raj Sahu
Ignore Grammar Problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a heartfelt poem. It really got a message across, on how animal circuses are horrible. I really was persuaded by this poem, and it gives me a new look on animal circuses. Your grammar is pretty good, except in a few spots :p The biggest thing that I would suggest that you change about this poem is the colors. The different colors when I first took a look at your poem confused me because there was so much going on. but then I realized it was the different voices of the animals. In the future, I would try to avoid this, for it kind of hurt my eyes to look at. If you want color, try to stay with one, and if you want to stress certain lines, make them bold, or italic. I'm sorry if that sounded a little bit harsh because I didn't want it to sound that way I feel that this poem brings so much emotion to the readers. It was like I was looking through the eyes of the animals stuck there in the circus. And the expanded vocabulary words, like quoth, and docile, and elegiac, really made your story so much better. Last little note, kudos on making your poem rhyme, because that is very hard to do when you are trying to convey a certain message, I really enjoyed your poem, and keep up the great work!
-Lily

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

6 Years Ago

Thanks from the bottom of my heart! You gave such a precious time of yours to review my work, I am s.. read more



Reviews

Thanks for voicing your thoughts on cruelty against animals and birds in the circuses with this poem.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Well done, that was kinda sad to read. Thanks for writing - cheyenne

Posted 3 Years Ago


Writing in what is not your first language is a definite proposition. Nevertheless, your point about the mistreatment of animals is well taken.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you. Still trying my best.
Don't feel ashamed, for at least you recognized the inhumanity and will not, I think, support such cruelty in the future.
Perhaps you will even stop someone else from attending a cruel circus, or visiting an inhumane zoo.
Keep telling people about this wherever you can. If not for people like you, this cruelty will go on thriving.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Sure, I will. Thank you.
"Ignoring grammar problems" means ignoring areas where you can improve. Poetry is about content, for sure, but it is also about beautiful verse. If you don't want to write in beautiful verse, choose a different creative outlet, like painting or something. You cannot write a great poem without at least a basic understanding of grammar in any language you write in. I'm sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you! I respect your review!
As a child I always watched animals on tv and also wanted so bad to go to a circus but my parents never took me. I'm thankful that they didn't cause today I know the cruelty behind it. The poem you wrote could help others be more aware of what animals are going through in circuses. The way you anticipated how animals are feeling and putting how they feel in human words is really heart touching. Well done but I'm sure you can work on your grammar to improve the quality of your poems

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
How sad. I love how you made a major problem in the world today into a poem. I feel like this could be extended a bit. Fortunately, in Australia many circus's are discontinuing the use of exploiting Animals for the sick pleasure of the crowd. Good work, Raj! I will endeavour to read more from you. :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!
This is a good piece. I hate the animal cruelty.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
I hate animal cruelty. And circuses are the leader of the pack. That make it seem. Treating animals as property. No one wants. Thank goodness the biggest circus of all. Had to end their acts. Money ran out. They were in business for far too long. You expressed the words just right. In this piece. Good read indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you.
Wow I think this poem is truly amazing and it has extreme importance in our world. It is unfair for us as humans to use these animals for our entertainment and we would not like to be in their place. Your poem really reflects the animals feelings and I know what it is like to see an animal that is abused or stuck. It shouldn't happen, they are all here before us and they live their own happy lives. Your poem really touched the importance of freedom for the animals.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2223 Views
69 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2017
Tags: Circus, Animals, Birds, Cruelty, Offense, Dark, Gloomy

Author

Raj Sahu
Raj Sahu

Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh, India



About
Myself Raj Sahu from the historic town of Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. I had completed my high schooling with flying colours from Choithram School, Indore in Humanities stream and was first in or.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..