The Teacher

The Teacher

A Poem by Raj Sahu
"

This poem emphasizes on the features of a teacher.

"


An individual tries with numerous cries,
To make their future better.
But they make out the mockery,
With gibberish talk and clatter.

He is that patient wick who was never sick,
Of being burned for other's sake.
'The frugal time will always flit'
Such teachings and statements he always make.

With many sights, various lives he lights,
An amicable and pleasant character.
He, who always follow impartiality,
Uplift the child in every sector.

I really bow before such a creature.
He is none other than a teacher.

© 2018 Raj Sahu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is again a beautiful work by a beautiful author. A teacher is very important in an individual's life who leads him/her from dark to light. Really the very comparison you made between a teacher and a candle is worth commendable. The sacrifice of wax is same as the sacrifice of energy and time of a teacher. This is penned well. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!



Reviews

I think it only requires three word changes.
In "Such teachings and statements he always make."
I would change make to made

and in "With many sights, various lives he lights,"
i would change lights to lit.
(this also rhymes with the earlier word "flit")

lastly, in "He, who always follow impartiality,"
I would change follow to followed

Those changes make the poem grammatically correct without changing your original vision or writing style.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I love this poetry, God also has given first place to a GURU as per Saint Kabir Das Ji..Teachers are the great persons who do so much for us with great pains and patience to teach us new things, he/she encourages us checks us when we are wrong, if they find that their disciple are on some wrong path they advice sincerely.
"Guru Gobind Dou Khade Kaake Lagun Paayein
Balihari Guru Aapne Gobind Diyo Bataye"


Posted 2 Years Ago


Wow, just wow. 👌👌👌
'He was a patient wick who was never sick.'👏👏👏
Perfect rhyming, deep with meaning dedicated to the teacher.

Posted 3 Years Ago


a fantastic work . notable one

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

4 Years Ago

Thank you!
I think what is being described here is one who has attained a higher state of consciousness and now seeks to help others to similarly rise. Such teachers arise from time to time in all cultures, and they contribute over time to a general elevation of the human race.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

So true!! Thank you!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bec
I love it, and it's very true too.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
Firewater Reading Service: are you a Poet, maybe just starting out and getting to know 'The Scene'? You've written plenty, you know you have talent - possibly you have done a couple of performances, but you know that is not really where it's at. Yearning to be the new Ginsberg or Carol Ann Duffy, publish books, sell some serious units, and get listed with the Greats in bestsellers lists like Amazon UK? Equally do you want to become the best Poet you can possibly be, with genuine cast iron Cambridge University credibility? Why not try the Firewater Reading Service? We make Poetry bestsellers out of aspiring, earnest, need to be heard voices - our fees are negotiable, and tuition will take place by email in the comfort of your own home - write to [email protected] in the first instance, sending no more than 20 Poems, with covering letter, and begin a journey that has taken some of our students to the very Top of the Worldwide Bestsellers Lists. *****

Posted 5 Years Ago


I love it just the way it is. Things like words and song often come to us from various places and should be represented in their raw form. This is full of heavy and powerful emotions. Thank you

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!
Great tribute to all teachers. Educators of life and learning. Who stands the test of time.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
Good work - keep writing, keep learning, and keep reading - you are just starting out Raj, and it's a long journey - well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raj Sahu

5 Years Ago

Thank you!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2275 Views
80 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 1, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2018
Tags: Teacher, Sacrifice, Candle

Author

Raj Sahu
Raj Sahu

Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh, India



About
Myself Raj Sahu from the historic town of Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. I had completed my high schooling with flying colours from Choithram School, Indore in Humanities stream and was first in or.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..