Dr. Silgar's Journal of Amazing Dreams

Dr. Silgar's Journal of Amazing Dreams

A Story by Jake Castadio
"

Synchronization Log 06

"
Synchronization Log 06

I woke up from my sleep in a subtle urgency for thirst. When I looked around the room it was still pitch black. It must still be very late I had thought to myself. I slowly removed myself from the warmth and comfort of my bed and proceeded down the hallway. I began to ascend the stairs, while noticing that something is slightly different. My father is usually snoring while sleeping on one of the couches in the living room but I didnt hear him. He must have been in the bedroom with my mother which is very unusual. I made it to the top of the stairs and then proceeded to the kitchen. I found myself a glass, filling with ice and water. Finally the relief of moisture in my foul tasting, dry mouth. Looking slightly to right I see the oven clock it read eleven fifty nine. It was much earlier in the night than I thought. I had a sudden urge to walk out onto the second story deck. Opening the glass door and setting my glass of water on the railing I felt the cool breeze of the coastal night. 

I was looking up into the sky when I noticed something quite odd. There seemed to be two small streaks of straight light coming down from very far away. The lines were long, blue and seemed to be extending in the direction of the ocean. Suddenly I heard a rumbling coming from a direction I couldn't quite determine. Then just a very short time later two fighter jets flew over my head speeding in the direction of the two lights in the sky. After watching the jets for a few moments, the two lights then changed directions heading more upward. After seeing that the two jets, that now were specs in the distance, exploded into two balls of blazing fire. Shocked at what I was seeing, then another loud boom from way up above me rumbled into the night. A large orange and blue line covered ball was screeching toward me, from the right. It then crashed into the street just a few blocks away, it was rolling down the street crushing homes in its path. As it was rolling it unfolded into a giant standing human looking robot covered in angled blue and orange lines. As it went into full stance its chest opened up and a giant beam of light emitted out of it and began to incinerate houses in the distance. The two blue lines in the sky turned and headed straight toward me, on the deck I was frozen with shock. The two lines zoomed right up next to me and as they landed on the deck railing I could see there full features. They looked very much like a parrot, but like the other robot in the background, they were metal and had lines running horizontally across there dark black structures. The two creatures screeched at me as I jumped from the deck into my drive way to escape. I started left down the street running for my life, looking back at my house as I did so. I then remembered that my family was still in there and somehow they haven't woken up from all the noise and rumbling. Just then the walking machine turned and fired a beam of light straight through my house evaporating it in an instant as the other two machines flew away at lighting speed. I turned toward the end of the street as I reached the intersection. Seemingly out of nowhere a car stopped in from of me, the door open and Shaggy looking man told me to get in, I did so without hesitating. As we drove off in the small car, I looked to the left at the large hill that was behind my neighborhood. I could see troops and vehicles heading up the side of the hill shooting and firing missiles as they reached the top. The top of the hill then began to glow bright orange as it was incinerated. 

Suddenly I felt myself transported to another place. I looked around I was surrounded by shipping containers, everything was a dull grey color. To the left of me was a large warehouse, the outside was lit by tall street lamps, that provided very little light. I then felt rumbling nearing me, as I turned around there was a beetle shaped vehicle hovering along the ground I did not feel safe as it methodically headed in my direction. I looked for the nearest place to hide, I ran for the water near the warehouse and jumped into the ocean. I was holding my breath under the surface of the water. Floating just under the surface on my back looking up I could see the lights of the vehicle scan over the surface of the water. Then I faded to black as my season in the synchronization machine came to a close.


Session Notes

This session was particularly strong and vivid. The tweaks I made last night must be heading in the right direction. Maybe translating the power from the front aperture to upper, may increase session length? Will look into this more in the morning.

End Log

© 2016 Jake Castadio


Author's Note

Jake Castadio
This is a single entry out of a scifi journal that includes experiences in the synchronization machine. Please feel free to correct any spelling errors and grammar mistakes. Rate the entry without these problems in mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on November 10, 2016
Last Updated on November 16, 2016
Tags: Night, dream, invasion, black, robot, ufo, laser, scifi, mystery, unsolved, fear, terror, fathom, synchronization, machine