The Sweetness of Life

The Sweetness of Life

A Poem by Michelle Espinosa


I know you now, amor, I can see you. Soon, maybe seconds, maybe years, but too soon, you will be gone. For we will leave this world. Even were we to go locked in embrace like the skeletal remains of the Verona lovers, like theirs, only our old bones would remain together. We all must die alone. We travel from this world to the next on our own. 

Yet I know, deep in my heart that our separation is illusory. A trick played on the mind caught in worldly ideas of duality. 

Still I am directed by this imperative, love as well and as compassionately as humanly possible. And be always ready to say your goodbyes. Such is the way of life. As we leave we also meet and both are just as sweet.
 

© 2013 Michelle Espinosa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so sad yet so true. How we die alone it's such a terrible reality. The beginning really got to me especially the reference of the Verona lovers. It also made me think of my grandparents how they were always together the only way everyone has ever known them and then my grandfather passed away and to me it seems they are both alone. Very touching, thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very good.
Kind of sad.
Great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful, sad but beautiful and most definitely true. I liked it. Keep up the good work...

Posted 14 Years Ago


I thought this a little depressing.

Such talk of death. Love has no thought
of death. Love is forever. Just ask any
lovers, "love never dies".
I go here with tongue in cheek, of course.
Like lovers, I do not entertain thoughts of
death. Paint me a pretty picture, fool me,
make love to me, but never speak of death.

----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 14 Years Ago


Such beautiful, bittersweet reflections; we find connections but ultimately live and die alone. Yet, in this you profoundly speak of loving and living life to the fullest. Amazing write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so sad yet so true. How we die alone it's such a terrible reality. The beginning really got to me especially the reference of the Verona lovers. It also made me think of my grandparents how they were always together the only way everyone has ever known them and then my grandfather passed away and to me it seems they are both alone. Very touching, thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1104 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 26, 2009
Last Updated on September 18, 2013

Author

Michelle Espinosa
Michelle Espinosa

nomad



About
Take note: Not much of the material here is proofed and often first drafts. I use this site as a working archive where I return to edit and rewrite and add material. Wayward dreamer and idealist. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse