Definition of Amour: love

Definition of Amour: love

A Story by June
"

Being accepted for being homosexual is a struggle many people still face today. It is important to accept it rather than to hate it.

"
Reader, I was at barely the age of eight when I first discovered love. During one faithful summer, I met the most beautiful girl of my life. Her parents, however, opposed my love for her. I was young back then, so I could barely comprehend why her parents would fight against my love for such a beauty.

She was gorgeous, with long, silky hair and deep blue eyes as azure as the waters of the beach we first met each other at. At that time, I was very timid about approaching her. She was so stunning that even a symphony could not express my love for such perfection.

"Hi, I'm Alex." I said, in a shy voice, to her. My curiosity about her made me want to go converse with her. She proved to be a nice, sweet girl.

"Hi Alex, I'm Amy, nice to meet you." She replied with a wide smile on her countenance. Her voice was angelic. If I could stopped time, I would've. Her lips were so kissable and red and sweet-looking. I wanted to kiss them, but I knew I had to resist. After all, I had just met her. My power to resist, however, was very weak.

I pulled her head towards mine and put my lips against hers. She did not fight against me. Her lips tasted like cherry. I loved it. I loved her, and I didn't want anyone to stop what we had going on.

My desires weren't realized though. I was only eight at that time, so I had no sense of the real world. There were a lot of things I did not understand.

Her parents came to us. They pulled me away from her. We were kissing, so why was it a big deal? My mom had once said to me that kissing was a sign of love, and love was what would better the world.

"You disgusting freak, don't turn my daughter like you!" They yelled at me with deep hostility in their voice. Why was I a disgusting freak? I did not comprehend their words. I was barely eight, so I did not know anything. My parents had died in a car crash before they were able to teach me the rules of love and life.

"Why do you call me a disgusting freak? A kiss is a mere showing of love." I retorted back to them while tears were dripping from my eyes.

"You are a girl. You are not allowed to kiss girls. I am not going to let my daughter turn lesbian." They said to me, in such a hateful tone. "You're a gross f*g."

Reader, I was barely eight at the time, f*g wasn't in my vocabulary, but now I know why they called me that. Now, I understand that they meant romance for girls could only be with males.

Ten long years later, I had the chance to meet the girl again, but it was not they way I wanted to meet her. I was with my new girlfriend and I bumped into her at one of my high school friends' wedding. She was the bride of the my best male friend. She saw me, and, like before, she smiled again.

I cried.

"Alex, you are beautiful, and I wish my parents had not spoken those horrible words to you. Even if you like girls, you are not a disgusting freak." Those were the last words she had ever said to me, and even then, her voice sounded angelic. She was using her handkerchief to dry my tears.

My new girlfriend saw us together and embraced me. Suddenly, the whole room turned to see us, but their disapproval for our relationship was evident in their glares. They threw hurtful objects at us. Through it all, my girlfriend held me tightly, not letting me get pained by the people's harmful reactions to us.

Amy told them to stop. Even if my love for females was not accepted, my love for Amy and my affection for my girlfriend would never diminish. Now, reader, don't get me wrong for I did not love Amy the way I used to. I had no intentions of cheating on my girlfriend by loving another, but I still cherished Amy as a beautiful memory of the summer of my eighth year of living. The party ended and Amy left, but my girlfriend held my hand and pulled me out to see the beautiful, starry sky.

"I love you, Alex." Amour said.

"I love you too, Amour." I kissed her. They tell me I cannot love a girl, but I do. They cannot stop my love for her. They shielded Amy away from me, but I still had Amour. I love Amour.

© 2011 June


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on May 13, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011
Tags: homosexuality, being accepted, romance, teen, lesbian

Author

June
June

Oakland, CA



About
I'm a young, aspiring writer hoping to get my writings read by many people. I enjoy writing and using the English language in various forms to convey a deep message about life. In my writings, I hope .. more..

Writing
They Tell Me No They Tell Me No

A Poem by June


Your Insults Your Insults

A Poem by June


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by June