i hate thursday's

i hate thursday's

A Poem by linda m. crate
"

A poem about a past love of mine. It's always hard for me to fathom how you can go from meaning everything to someone then go back to being nothing, at all.

"
remember when we went to the circus? ashley bought me that ridiculous sequined hat i liked. the blue one i wore out one day when you had to stop by the insurance company. i remember it was a thursday. thursday's you went out with the guys and i with the girls. i always missed you, though, wondered if you were having fun. sometimes i still wonder when thursday's roll around even though you don't think of me. i guess it's inevitable. i will always care. even if you can't. because you were my first. keep trying to find some spark of happiness to cling to, but nothing seems to mean much to me anymore. you were my dream. without you life just seems bland and colorless for you were the one to etch some color into my black and white world.
- linda m. crate

© 2013 linda m. crate


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 28, 2013
Last Updated on September 28, 2013
Tags: break up, messy, emotional, yearning, wanting, confusion, hurt, pain, thursday's, i hate thursday's, dreams, dreamer, color, colorless

Author

linda m. crate
linda m. crate

Conneautville, PA



About
I am a two time push cart nominee with a passion for writing. My poetry, short stories, articles, and reviews have been published in a myriad of magazines including those in print and online. more..

Writing