The Locke Alley: PROLOGUE

The Locke Alley: PROLOGUE

A Chapter by RavenZane
"

TAKE OR LEAVE. I'm giving you this single chance to run away and forget that you ever ran your eyes down on the title of this book. It's your chance to escape. It may be your ONLY one left. -ZONE

"

The Locke Alley

By RavenZane

 

PROLOGUE


Hi. Before I give you a really giddy greeting, please realize that this book is no joke. Sure - fiction, well - but it mirrors the factual events. It is a reflection of real life. Many things - indescribable, almost unimaginable things - have happened around this Alley. Who knows about it? It has happened, and probably, it will happen again.


I’m giving you two choices: Take or leave. Choose to leave, and I bid you good luck. Nobody stays that long when they know something they aren’t supposed to.


And to those who chose to take: More luck to you. Your life depends on it. My life, too.


So here it is. The Locke Alley, an alley located in the deepest and darkest parts of Jaro, a town located in the deepest and darkest parts of Cavite, known for the big but silenced events that took place in it, still exists and now serves as a highly honored haven for gangs.


We became part of it. And now, we can never escape.


This isn’t really just about how scary and creepy is Locke Alley. It’s also about its still alive victims, those who survive to tell the story. That speaks about us.


The name’s the SCAR’s Gang. Okay, so not a gang. We’re just a bunch of kids who managed to stay alive despite the large contact with Locke Alley. We - me, Rheanne, Nine, Vann Louis, Hero, and Gray.


Oh. So this freaking thing is just about kids who can’t do anything right in their lives and end up getting into fights with gangs as close to death as beneath their very feet.


I get it. So cliché, so ordinary. I’ve heard millions of better s***s like that. What else is new?


HAH. It isn’t normal at all. In our gang, there’s not only the smart guy with incredible mood swings, a motormouth that gets all hyper when fed with caffeine, and the one who can never, ever die. It’s way different. Because we’re, well, not fully human.


I can’t tell you about that now, can I? That might cost your life. You know…I’d have to kill you if I tell you stuff.


It adds a thousand more humps on the road.


Let’s always learn to get back to reality, because some time as you go on, you’ll slowly forget which one is the real and the fake, inch by inch, until you finally lose it.



- Zone and the SCARs.



© 2010 RavenZane


Author's Note

RavenZane
Prologue. Like, the plan has been laid out here, but not really. Late at night, sorry. And it's kinda like a draft. Mehnyway. Please do review and tell me what you think about ZONE'S TONE as the NARRATOR. :) I'm still choosing between first and third person.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The whole warning at the beginning of this was really interesting, it really sucks you in and sets the mood. It reminds me a lot of the Series of Unfortunate Events' first book, when Lemony Snicket puts in a fore-warning for his readers. It darkens your tone a bit and adds a whole new mystery feel. Did you get take that idea from that book? Just wondering. Anyways, it definitely works here. (: And it seems like either point of view would work. Excellent piece! Can't wait for chapter 2!

-Somer

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The whole warning at the beginning of this was really interesting, it really sucks you in and sets the mood. It reminds me a lot of the Series of Unfortunate Events' first book, when Lemony Snicket puts in a fore-warning for his readers. It darkens your tone a bit and adds a whole new mystery feel. Did you get take that idea from that book? Just wondering. Anyways, it definitely works here. (: And it seems like either point of view would work. Excellent piece! Can't wait for chapter 2!

-Somer

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010
Tags: prologue, the locke alley, warning letter, introduction


Author

RavenZane
RavenZane

Philippines



About
OF COURSE I LOVE TO WRITE. (AND READ, TOO) Why am I here? I can say, for myself (and maybe to you) that I am indeed an artist. A still young artist at high school. But the muses in my brain prove o.. more..

Writing
One. One.

A Chapter by RavenZane


The Attempt The Attempt

A Story by RavenZane