Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rosalyn Marie

By the time I got home, I had practically forgotten about the whole incident. My mom asked me about school, I told her about it, and I went to start my homework. Trust me, 8th grade provided A LOT of homework. Between art and chorus I had practically no study hall time, so I ended up bringing the majority of my homework, well, home. This wasn’t really a problem for me though. I was a great student, and I guess you could have categorized me as a “nerd” in the great social pyramid that is middle school. I had straight A’s, which was probably my favorite accomplishment, other than winning the science fair in 7th grade. I guess if I was some flunky I wouldn’t be writing a story though, so you already realized that I was pretty smart, and this whole paragraph was unnecessary. So, yeah, now that I think about it, I was a super nerd.

 

I wasn’t a creepy loner though. I had a small group of close friends, who I really hope are missing me terribly right now. I really wish I could see down into the world I used to live in, but instead I’m stuck here in the “‘Unsolved Murders Wing’ of the Great Beyond” as I like to call it. Quite honestly, I have no idea where I am. But I’m content here I guess. I just hope that my murder is solved pretty quickly, because two months looking at the same things is already driving me crazy. I feel bad for the poor souls who have been here for years on end. I seriously hope I don’t have to go through that. I mean, haven’t all of us here already been through enough, without having to wait to move on?

 

Well, enough about this dreary place. I probably should keep writing about my actual life, like my whole terrible story that I said I was going to write about. I guess I have the tendency to get a little bit off topic occasionally.

 

So, when I finally finished my homework, I had some downtime before dinner. I went on the computer to check my email and Facebook and other stuff. When I signed onto the Comcast homepage, I noticed a news story about a string of abductions that had occurred along the east coast over the past few months. The police had thought they were all separate unfortunate incidents, mostly because they all occurred in different states. They also all occurred in different types of places, like a mall, an amusement park, and a museum to name a few. Also they all had different MOs*. There were 5 abductions total; that had occurred once every month starting in June, and worked their way up the coast. The most recent one was on a beach in Connecticut. Apparently the victim had been out jogging with her dog in the morning, and then the dog returned without her. She was 16.

 

            I read the rest of the article and felt a chill run down my spine. All of the victims reportedly had brown hair, and were teenage girls. The incident from that afternoon had popped into my head momentarily, but I disregarded it, because like I said, nothing bad ever happens in North Attleboro.



© 2010 Rosalyn Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter! Good descriptions!

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG I love this!! The abduction pattern reminds me of the abduction pattern in Body Double. I like the character's voice, her offtopic-ness adds to it. She sounds a lot like you. I wonder what her group of friends is like ;). Sooo...yeah I LOVE this story and can't wait for more!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


rosalyn, considering this character is a lot like u, dnt b stupid and get abducted cuz ill cry, one thing i HATE!!! :) nice chpt, the off topicness adds 2 the voice of the character!!! luvvit!!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another great chapter. The character still has a good voice going and she actually sounds a lot like you. She gets off track. She's a nerd. She likes crime drama. Knowing that the protagonist is already dead leaves a chilling feeling. I like the reiteration of nothing bad happening in town. Do you remember the dead body in the rug behind Mason field last year?

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010


Author

Rosalyn Marie
Rosalyn Marie

MA



About
I love reading, writing, and music, but my favorite thing is definately art :D I love love love to read and write though, so that's why I'm on this site :) I'm also in chorus, so that's where the mus.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Micheal Micheal

A Chapter by Kirbetsy