Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Rosalyn Marie

             The next morning I woke up and got ready for school. I had oatmeal for breakfast and some hot coco, just like every other day. By 7:15 I was walking to the bus stop and at 7:20 the bus picked me up. I did the same thing every single school day. I liked order in my life, and a morning schedule helped keep the order. Sometimes at school my friends would mess up the order of our lunch table just to bug me. I sat with my friend on the bus and we chatted about the homework and gossip and things. We hit some traffic and we were running a little late, but it wasn’t really a big deal.

 

             Our bus was the last to arrive at school, and by the time we got there everyone was already walking through the doors and filing into hallways. We trudged up the stairs to the 8th grade floor and went to our lockers that were on opposite ends of the long hallway. I put my books away and grabbed what I needed for my first class, and walked into homeroom.

 

            We listened to the morning announcements over a speaker system that went throughout the school. The monotonous voice of our vice principal came on over the speaker, and we all listened to the announcements about book fairs and food drives. The bell rang for the start of 1st period and we shuffled out the door and into our classrooms.

 

             I had Spanish first. My teacher was a little crazy, but I guess it was in a good way. She would ramble on about trips to Spain, or tell us stories in Spanish that almost no one could understand. I understood pretty well, but the stories weren’t really that interesting. We learned a few new vocab words and had to write sentences using them for homework. The bell rang for 2nd period and we arose quickly to get to our next class.

 

            My 2nd period class was English, my favorite subject. My teacher was super nice and even though the kids in my class were not that thrilled about English, I was, so I always kept the conversation going. That week we had been learning about the elements of character and how to create mood in a story. My teacher asked for an example of a book with great character development and while most kids were still processing what the word “development” meant, I promptly raised my hand and said “Harry Potter.” This got most kids to perk up, because even if they hadn’t read the books, they probably saw at least one of the movies. So, we started in on a discussion about ways JK Rowling developed the characters, and soon the class was over. We were assigned our homework and then we shuffled out of the classroom.

 

            I had gym 3rd period, which was just a truly horrible experience. The gym teacher was a creepy guy and all of the girls hated him. After 30 minutes of torture we rushed to get changed and hurry to our next class. I had Algebra, which sort of sucked too. I mean, it’s not that I wasn’t good at it; I had an A in that class; it’s just that after running for 30 minutes it’s really horrible to have to sit through a test.

            Thankfully, after Algebra it was study period, and I had chorus. Study was broken into four 20 minute periods. Part A, I went to the chorus room and did some homework. During Part B, I had lunch. Then, Parts C and D were our actual chorus rehearsal. It may seem confusing, but it really wasn’t. After doing some homework, the bell rang and we all rushed to lunch, which was one of my favorite times of day. Not just because of the food (but I was pretty hungry by then) but mostly because I got to talk with my friends.

 

            We sat down at our lunch table (in the same seats as everyday) and began to eat. We talked about the NCIS episode from the night before, and lots of other things. Mostly we talked about the latest gossip, like who was going out with who, and who broke up with who, and other drama. We weren’t super popular, so it was sort of fun to be an observer to the popular world. Almost like going to the zoo and seeing the lions in the cages and knowing you’re safe observing, but if you were in the cage you’d be screwed. After lunch I went to chorus. We sounded alright, but our teacher wanted it perfect for the concert that was coming up so it was a little stressful. When the bell finally rang I was almost glad to run up the stairs to get to my next class.

 

           6th period I had History, which was a little boring. The teacher was nice, but most of the kids in my class were stupid. I practically felt bad for him when one girl asked where Virginia was. 7th period I had science, which was the same situation. My class was immature and would burst out laughing all of the time. That was really annoying, and my teacher would yell in a booming voice for us to be more mature. By the time it was the end of the day, I was happy to get back onto the noisy bus and go home.

 

            I walked home from the bus stop lugging my heavy backpack with my huge Algebra book in it. That was the one disadvantage of having chorus at study- you had to bring most of your homework home. I walked through town and stopped at the library to return the book I had been reading and to get the next one in the series. I called my mom so she wouldn’t be worried that I wasn’t home on time, and I continued to walk home. As I rounded the corner to go up my street, I thought I noticed a black car drive slowly by then continue on. I was a little freaked out, but I figured they were looking at the house that was for sale at the end of the street. I guess that was what I wanted the explanation to be.



© 2010 Rosalyn Marie


Author's Note

Rosalyn Marie
finally another chapter... sorry it took so long i've been busy.... So this was Annabelle's school day, just a little look into her day to day life. Another few "rising Action" chapers then some actual action probably :)
sooo what do you think?? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Even though I didn't read the prior chapters yet, this stands as a great chapter well written all on its own! Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


We don't get homework done in chorus study what kind of nonsense is this? But the chapter was good. You should've mentioned food-stealing even though that doesn't happen as much anymore

Posted 13 Years Ago


Alright, prepare yourself for a bit of...criticism. This chapter was alright. There was very little description and even less emotion. Wouldn't she be longing to see her friends again? Wouldn't she remember the way she wished she had sung in that concert? You also start a lot of sentences with I and keep them the same length, which surprisingly bores the reader. If you add a bit more flavor to this chapter it would be good. But as of now, it's a bit...eh.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

we ARE popular!! haha i like the "but if we were in the cages wed b screwed part!" very good chpt, overall!!! cnt wait 4 more!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

Rosalyn Marie
Rosalyn Marie

MA



About
I love reading, writing, and music, but my favorite thing is definately art :D I love love love to read and write though, so that's why I'm on this site :) I'm also in chorus, so that's where the mus.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..