Rays of Son, week of June 7, 2015

Rays of Son, week of June 7, 2015

A Story by Greg Miller
"

An unborn baby treats bus passengers to a musical concert.

"

Unborn Baby Treats Bus Passengers to Musical Concert

 

By Greg Miller © 2015

 

Fran decided to stop driving her car to work.

 

“Since I live in such a large metropolitan area, I will start riding the bus,” she told Francesca, her supervisor. “I will simply leave home earlier each day, and I’ll make it to work in plenty of time. I’ll meet a lot of new people, and it’ll be so much fun.”

 

Although Fran was now riding the bus to her place of employment, she wasn’t riding the bus home from work. Fran’s best friend, February, worked with her and offered to take her home every afternoon. “We live very close to each other, so it will be no problem at all,” February said.

 

A few weeks after Fran began riding the bus, she learned she and her husband, Frederick, would become parents in a few months. Filled with joy, the couple began telling all their friends and relatives about how God was blessing them with a baby daughter.

 

One person, Flowers, the unborn baby, was happier than Fran and Frederick about the news. “I’m the happiest person in the whole wide world,” thought Flowers. “It’s a joy to be alive.”

 

Like her parents, Flowers was determined to tell everyone she was going to be born. “Tomorrow, I’ll begin my quest to tell the world they’re going to have to get out of my way!”

 

The next morning, Fran was taking her shower when she heard a very melodious voice singing about God’s love. Fran’s lips formed a frown. “What in the world is going on?” she asked herself.

 

“You already know I am blessing you and Frederick with a baby girl!” declared the soft, yet powerful voice of God. “The voice you heard a moment ago was your unborn daughter singing praises to me. In a minute, you’ll hear that voice again. This time, she will be talking to you.”

 

“That’s impossible!” Fran argued with the Lord. “Unborn babies don’t talk.”

 

“They do if I want them to,” the Sovereign Lord corrected Fran.

 

“”Good morning, Mom! Running late today, aren’t we?”

 

“Yes,” acknowledged Fran. “We’re leaving right now.”

 

Fran arrived at the bus stop just in the nick of time. She hopped aboard the bus and sat down in the only available seat.

 

Suddenly, Fran heard the same melodious voice she had heard in the shower. Everyone else on the bus could also hear the voice.

 

“That’s my unborn daughter, Flowers, praising the Lord,” said Fran. “She has such a beautiful voice.”

 

“Unborn babies don’t talk or sing,” said a passenger named Freddie.

 

The Sovereign Lord kindly rebuked Freddie. “I’ll tell you the same thing I told Fran! They do if I want them to!”

 

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements, including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please email [email protected].

© 2015 Greg Miller


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015
Tags: unborn, baby, bus, passengers, musical, concert

Author

Greg Miller
Greg Miller

Johnson City, TN



About
I write short Christian stories for a free weekly column available to newspapers, magazines, ezines, church bulletins, and individual email addresses. more..

Writing