Scarface Voices Review

Scarface Voices Review

A Story by Faith
"

a review of the movie scarface

"


 

“What you looking at? You all a bunch of f- a-! You know why? You don’t have the guts to be what you want to be. You need people like me, you need people like me so you can point your f- fingers, and say that’s the bad guy!' So what that make you? Good? You not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth, even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on! The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again let me tell you.” “Robert, please sit down already.” The previous lines are from the movie Scarface which is arguably the greatest movie ever. Not only that but this movie is one of the most recognized and still referenced today. So for the next few minutes The Robert and Me will give a review as to why this is such a cultural icon.

Well this is The Robert and I’ll start off the review. If you never watched Scarface you probably heard of it, actually you definitely heard of it. However, you may feel this movie is just about drugs and a gangster. Wrong! As you delve deeper into the character you notice he’s not just a coke snorting, cold killer. The character development is done so well you see him at all angles of human emotion. Never has a movie with a villain like this actually given you the sense of empathy towards the villain like this movie does. He actually has values and I think that’s why people feel they can relate or at least think of him in a better light than what you see on the surface. To me he’s kind of like an orange. In the sense when you have an orange it has that skin and if you’re a person who suffers from gluttony, then you might have tasted this outer skin of the orange. Now it definitely doesn’t taste good, and at first glance an orange isn’t something to eat. But, when you finally peel away the skin you get to the juicy sweet part that is very enjoyable. That’s what Tony, is someone you have to look deeper into, you have to take away that outer surface of coke on his nose and get to the character who aspires to make something of himself and who cares for his family.

The Robert makes a good point, but it’s time for Me to take it away. The audacity of this movie to say the most vulgar and show the most obscene gives it the notoriety that it has garnered over the years. Now, The Robert doesn’t like cursing but obviously in his impersonation of Tony Montana, there are words of profanity he left out. Now it’s not just the simple a*s or damn, but it’s the type of profanity that gets bleeped out on the tv stations. This movie might have the record for most f-words in movie history. Then, if that wasn’t enough to make Grandma cut the tv off on you then the obscenity shows in broad daylight. Whether it’s the part of brains on the car window or actually seeing someone sniff coke on the tv screen not much was left cut out. Viewers saw the grittiest of the other side of achieving the American dream. It is so raw and I think some people gravitate towards that because it gives the choir boy a chance to feel like the bad boy. As a matter fact it reminds me of how girls may like the bad boy instead of the nice guy who mom tells her he is good for you. Well the good guy is good but this bad boy is just so different he’s exciting and possibly dangerous and he seems like a rebel. The audacity of the bad boy to do what he does makes even more attractive to the ones who stayed inside the lines of what is accepted to be right. The Scarface movie gave you all those and at a time where it was more vulgar and obscene than now.

Furthermore when talking about Scarface we definitely have to point out the cultural impact it had which has spanned generations. Yes of course, like you pointed out before there is really no way you’ve not heard of Scarface. It has transcended its own time by staying so very relevant in this day of age. I couldn’t agree more in fact as far as the music culture goes and especially in relation to hip hop you can see the influences of this movie. Through the lyrics of rappers and even the stage names of a few you can hear about Scarface. Not only in that subculture but in everyday life from what you see on tv to the pictures and constant line references Scarface has really become a staple in society. Shows like South Park and The Simpsons which anyone in our generation has watched has made references to this movie. Even the movie cover picture is probably more recognizable than the Afghan Girl 1984. Afghan Girl 1984 what is that? You know the National Geographic photo. No. She had like pretty eyes? Still not sure what picture that is. Point proven then, the black and white photo of Scarface is more relevant to today’s culture. Also just the other day my little cousin was playing the Scarface video game. Wait your little cousin, isn’t that rated for mature audiences, such as 17 and up? Exactly, it has gotten to the point where young kids aged 11 like my little cousin can experience the phenomenon known as Scarface. He even comes up to me when we’re playing water gun fights and says “Say hello to my little friend!” This movie, some may say has become cult like for the following it has, but it just goes to show how great a film it was.

Well thanks for listening to the review hope we didn’t waste too much of your time. I could care less if we wasted your time, but I still don’t care enough. All in all it was a good review. You know, you need people like us. You need people like us to review the movies you don’t have the guts to review. So, say goodnight to the review guys.

© 2013 Faith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Hey Mel, maybe you can handle one of those first class tickets to the resurrection " F****n punk. So long Mel have a good trip, F**K YOU!!!!!! HAHAHAHA My favourite dope dealing movie ever......

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Hey Mel, maybe you can handle one of those first class tickets to the resurrection " F****n punk. So long Mel have a good trip, F**K YOU!!!!!! HAHAHAHA My favourite dope dealing movie ever......

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013
Tags: movie review, scarface, tony montana, voices

Author

Faith
Faith

Bear, DE



About
Well I'm a college student I'm trying to write more because my college English teacher said I should but I don't have the patience or determination of most writers. However, I hope this site might hel.. more..

Writing
Imminent Danger Imminent Danger

A Story by Faith