If I Could Have Been Even More Embarrassed...

If I Could Have Been Even More Embarrassed...

A Chapter by Poetress

When they finally reached Carly's condo. Carly's three poodles came to greet them. "Hi Sasha, Alecia and Cruise!" I said to the dogs as I picked up Sasha. The others were begging for a tummy rub. I obliged them. I stood up and walked to Carly's room. She was packing some clothes when Reina entered the room. "Reina which gown should I take?" Carly asked as she looked absently at the gowns in her walk-in-closet. "Reina!" she said again. "Huh?" I asked looking up from Sasha and her brother and sister. "Which gown should I take with me for the Lavender Charity Banquet?" Carly asked as she pointed to the different gowns in her walk-in closet. "I thought we would go shopping" I told her as I patted Cruise. "Sounds good to me" she replied as she locked her bag. "Are you staying tomorrow night also?" I asked smiling broadly. "I-I don't know. Would you like me to stay?" she asked. "Of course I would! I know a very handsome Spanish brother of mine would also" I winked at her. "He doesn't like me, Reina! You know and I know" she said as she closed her closet. "Are these little moppets coming with us?" I asked as the poodles piled onto me licking me. "Can they? Doesn't your father have a no tolerance of dogs rule?" she asked. "Well we just can't leave them here can we? My father will have to just keep his mouth shut" I told her as I got one of the dog carry on bags and packed some cute little dog outfits into it. "If it's alright..." Carly said uncertain. "It is" I told her as I put Sasha, Cruise and Alecia into the carry on and left the room. Carly was right behind us. "My father can't object if we keep them in my room now can he?" I asked her. "I just don't want him to- she paused and snapped her mouth shut. Reina was walking when Carly said that. She turned to look at her best friend. "I told you to leave it be, Carly" I told her as I walked out the door and to my car. I sat patiently with the dogs in the backseat while Carly locked up the condo. Carly came into the car and Reina drove off. "I am sorry" Carly whispered. "For what?" I asked. "For bringing it up again. It's just that I have been through this! How can you be so f*****g calm like this is ok?!" she railed. "It isn't... But it will not stop when Lorenzo gets back tomorrow. He wouldn't dear hit me when Lorenzo is back" I sighed as the automatic gates to the mansion opened. Carly was quiet when we got out and took the dogs to my room. When they were settled, I went downstairs for something to eat. "Miss Reina. Your father would like to see you" a maid told me. This is not going to be good. "Yes father?" I asked sweetly as I went into his office. "Why is Carly still here?! I allowed her to stay one night! Now she is back and with her dogs!" he shouted. Thank God his voice didn't travel beyond the office. "It's only for two more nights father! I want her here with me when we go to the Lavender Charity Ball being held" I told him. "Ah yes... The millions of dollars you gave to different charities" he shook his head. "I will ensure the dogs stay in my room" I told him. "Malik has offered to be your escort to the ball" he told me. "No doubt you had something to do with it" I muttered to myself. "Why can't you see that Malik is the best choice for you?! He is rich, handsome and comes from a good family" he told me. "So does Demetrius" I said before I could stop myself. "That man you pride yourself in watching doesn't want you when he has Cybil Carter, New York's Next Top model" he said as he placed a magazine on the table with Demetrius and Cybil looking all romantic on the cover. Wow the press worked fast -Reina thought to herself. "I know. I saw them today when Carly and I went to lunch" I told him sweetly and gave him a smile as I left. Reina was hurt, even if she wanted to dismiss it, it was still there! When Demetrius had brought Cybil over it was like a slap in the face. She had kept her composure though. Years of getting abuse made Reina tough. She could adapt to a situation, she taught herself never to feel vulnerable towards a person. Her heart was locked up tight. Reina went back to Carly who was busy watching TV and feeding her dogs little pieces of dog kibble. As Reina entered her phone rang. "Hello?" I asked. "Reina! Sweetheart!" Malik said. "Oh hey Malik" I said as I shot a look at Carly who had turned down the TV and was watching me intently. I sighed as I listened to Malik brag on and on about his new hotel. "Would you like to go out tonight?" he asked me. "I can't... I am having a sleepover with Carly" I told him. "She can come too! I will be over in ten" he said as he hung up. "What did he say?" Carly asked. "He is picking us up in ten minutes to take us out" I told her as I walked to the closet. "Us?" she asked. "Yes, us" I told her. "Fine" Carly said smugly. 
Carly and I were ready and waiting when Malik called. We went downstairs and saw Malik and his chauffeur waiting. "Bye, father" I told him. "Bye, Mr. Cortes" Carly said. "Goodbye Carly" he replied. "So where are we going?" Carly asked as the chauffeur closed the door. "To Finque" he told us. Finque was a new Italian restaurant opening tonight. There was bound to be paparazzi. When they finally reached Carly was all smiles while Reina's mood was becoming more and more sad. She sighed when they pulled up and saw all the paparazzi at the restaurant. When they stepped out of the Escalade Malik wrapped his arms around both Carly and Reina. Carly seemed uncomfortable while Reina  wanted to kill Malik. The camera flashes went off and then Reina spotted Demetrius with Cybil on his arm. "He owns this one too, doesn't he?" I asked Malik. "No. He is just a share holder. He sponsored the owner, I mean he gave the owner the money needed to build this restaurant" Malik told me. More flashes went off and then they went inside. Reina was hoping Demetrius didn't see her.
Oh, how wrong she was! Demetrius spotted her the minute she and Carly exited the Escalade with Malik. He wanted to know what she meant by he should never call her and that he should leave her alone.
Cybil as usual was making a big deal out of being photographed. She enjoyed being in the spotlight. Leave it to Cybil Carter to grab every chance to take a photo. Reina was her opposite  -Demetrius thought to himself. Reina was humble, kind and softhearted. While Cybil was callous and self centered. "Ok, guys that's enough" Demetrius told the photographers. They instantly stop taking pictures. Cybil looked disappointed and was pouting. Reina would never do something like that -Demetrius thought to himself. "Come on, Cybil" Demetrius said as he pulled Cybil into the restaurant. He noticed Malik wasn't with Reina or Carly. 
Carly was having conversation with a man and Reina was talking to the man's friend. Demetrius felt a surge of jealousy go through him. Cybil had followed his gaze and instantly got angry when her eyes settled on Reina. 
"You are very beautiful" the man was telling Reina. "So I've heard" Reina replied. "It is true, sweetheart. And that accent of yours. It is turning me on. Which Spanish country are you from?" he asked. Reina got angry instantly. "My mother is from Hispaniola. I am American" I told him. For the first time in her life, Reina was actually begging for Malik to hurry up and come back to her. He said he had needed to make a phone call and the minute he left these men came and took a seat. Carly seemed fine having a conversation with the other one but Reina was feeling very uncomfortable. She wanted to leave because Demetrius was here. The man was still talking to Reina but she barely heard a word he was saying because she was lost in thought. Then the man put his hand on Reina's thigh and started rubbing it. Before Reina could react Demetrius grabbed the man by his suit and pulled him away from her. "You want to lose that f*****g hand of yours?" Demetrius shouted. Reina groaned and put her head in her hands. The Italian restaurant was a restaurant that played soothing music. That outburst from Demetrius had gotten EVERYONE in the restaurant's attention! The live music stopped instantly and even the waiters who were bringing food to the guests stopped to watch. Everyone was looking at their table. Reina was begging the ground to open up and swallow her whole. Demetrius was beating the crap out of the man. Demetrius stood up and looked down at the man who had touched his Reina. The man's nose was bleeding and a black eye was forming. "Out" Demetrius told the man. You didn't have to tell him twice! He scrambled to his feet and ran out of the restaurant. Malik who had seen the whole thing walked over to his table. "Take her home" Demetrius told Malik as he approached. He nodded. Carly had to grab hold of Reina and pull her to her feet. Reina stared at the ground as she passed Demetrius not even looking at him. When they got into the car, Reina didn't feel like going home. "Take me to Mr and Mrs. Vassaliadas's home" I told Malik. "The help?" he asked. I nodded. Reina gave the chauffeur the directions and sat back in her seat. Carly had only been there once when they were younger and might feel awkward but Reina didn't feel like going home. She would call the maid to check in on the dogs. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on October 7, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress