Unfinished...

Unfinished...

A Chapter by Poetress

"I need to call, Demetrius and tell him how it went" Lorenzo said as he took out his phone. "Where should I take you, Mr. Cortes?" the chauffeur asked. "To my condo, Chives" Lorenzo told him. Lorenzo dialed Demetrius and a woman answered the phone. "Who is this?" Lorenzo asked. "Cybil Carter. Demetrius's girlfriend. Who are you?" Cybil asked her voice laced with anger. "I am Demetrius's best friend- Lorenzo looked at Reina who had become kind of sad. What had happened while he was gone? "Demetrius is unable to talk right now- "Lorenzo is that you?" Demetrius asked as he snatched the phone away from Cybil. "Yeah, it's me. I'm on my way to my condo. Meet me there?" Lorenzo asked him. "Is Reina with you?" Demetrius couldn't help but ask. "Yeah she is, why?" Lorenzo asked. "I will be over in a few" Demetrius said as he hung up and turned to look at Cybil who had her hands on her hips. "Don't answer my phone, Cybil. You had no right" Demetrius told her as he went into his room and pulled on some jeans.
"Where are you going?" Cybil asked. "To meet my, best friend" Demetrius replied. "Is Reina Cortes with him?" Cybil asked. "Yes, what's it to you?" Demetrius asked. "Can I come?" Cybil asked. "No, Cybil you cannot. This is a business meeting" Demetrius told her. "If it is a business meeting as you say why is Reina Cortes going to be there?". "Jealousy is not a cute attribute, Cybil" Demetrius told her as he walked out the door and to his Auston Martin Vanquish. 
At the condo, Reina was busy making lunch for Lorenzo and Carly who were having a conversation in the other room. "It's ready" Reina smiled as she finished making the sandwiches. "Thanks sis" Lorenzo kissed the top of her head as he took up his sandwich. Reina winked at Carly who started blushing. Demetrius walked into the condo like he owned the place. I sighed as I went to sit beside Carly while Demetrius and Lorenzo caught up.
Demetrius started looking at me but I refused to look at him even when he called my name I pretended not to hear him. I just have a silly crush on him from when I was fourteen no biggy -I told myself. Then why does your heart ache when you look at him?- My conscience asked me. I didn't have the answer to that.
Lorenzo looked at Demetrius and Reina, something seemed odd between them. When Carly said something to Reina, Reina would answer but when Demetrius did Reina doesn't even look at him. Again Lorenzo asked himself what happened while he was gone. 
"I feel kind of tired. I am going to take a nap" Reina said as she got up. She pulled the pins that kept her hair piled atop her head. Her hair tumbled down her face and back. Lorenzo didn't miss the way his best friend was watching his sister. True love- Lorenzo thought to himself. He had known Demetrius was in love with his sister from the time when Reina was seventeen and they had gone over to Demetrius's mansion. 
Lorenzo had asked Demetrius what were his intentions towards Reina. Demetrius had looked him squarely in the eyes and responded "I intend to marry her". Lorenzo was drink a glass of wine at the time and it damn near choked him to death. "She is just seventeen!" Lorenzo had protested when he had finally gotten back his voice. Demetrius had leaned back casually in his chair and replied "I'll wait". 
Whatever happened while he was gone had made Reina not even want to look in Demetrius's direction and he hated seeing Reina like this. He would kick Demetrius's a*s if he had anything to do with it. Carly smiled and excused herself to follow Reina to her room leaving the two men to talk. Lorenzo got up and poured himself a brandy from the condo's bar. "Pour a glass for me" Demetrius told him. When both glasses were filled Lorenzo gave one to Demetrius and they sat at the bar. "How was Japan? Did the business deal workout?" Demetrius asked. "It did, si. What I want to talk about right now is my sister" Lorenzo told him as he set his glass down. "What about Reina?" Demetrius asked. "What happened in my absence? My vibrant little sister has seemed to have lost her spark" Lorenzo lowered his voice. "It is a long story, Lorenzo" Demetrius replied. "I have time and Reina and Carly won't be down for maybe an hour or two" Lorenzo told him. "Malik took Reina to one of my clubs. He got her drunk and was about to take her to his condo to take advantage of her- Demetrius put his hand up to stop Lorenzo from talking. "I got there in time and took her home. Not to my house but to my parents. The next day well... some stuff happened- Demetrius chanced a glance at his best friend who was looking at him but remained quiet. "After that I got a call that one of my jets crash landed no one got hurt though and I had to give a public statement on what happened. Reina went home and I left. I tried calling her but Carly answered the phone and told me she didn't want to talk to me. After that I got a call from Cybil and I was so confused about Reina that I met up with Cybil yesterday and ended up seeing Reina and Carly at the restaurant I took Cybil to..." Demetrius couldn't finish what happened next. He couldn't just tell his best friend that his little sister told him to leave her alone. 
"My father expects Reina to marry Malik" that got Demetrius's attention immediately. Lorenzo nodded. "Why?" Demetrius asked, his throat tightening and his heart constricting. "Because he thinks if Reina does, it will make his business thrive. With a son-in-law like Malik Conner a lot of opportunities would come my father's way" Lorenzo shook his head. Demetrius looked at him in utter shock. That explained so much! He never did understand why Reina was hanging out with Malik when she gave him the impression that she hated Malik.  "What do you think?" Demetrius asked. "I think my father is an egotistical a*****e! Reina deserved a better father. Thank God Antonio became her father figure, maybe if he didn't Reina would have grown up thinking all men were like our father" Lorenzo shook his head and sighed. "I didn't know" Demetrius said. "Do you still love her, Demetrius?" Lorenzo whispered. "I do. It has only gotten stronger" Demetrius replied. "Well it seems to me that she doesn't know that. We have protected her from men before but I don't think we can stop Malik. He has father on his side" Lorenzo told him. "Reina is very precious to me. She is priceless. I don't know what I would do if i lost her" Demetrius whispered. "You better fix whatever has made her weary of you then" Lorenzo said as he resumed his drink. "I will" Demetrius replied. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on October 7, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress