Lorenzo's Concern

Lorenzo's Concern

A Chapter by Poetress

Demetrius's cellphone rang, it was Cybil calling. Lorenzo saw who was calling and shook his head. Demetrius answered. "Oh darlinng! Are you finished with that business meeting of yours?" Cybil asked. "Almost" Demetrius replied getting a little tired of Cybil. "Good! I made reservations at one of your restaurants for an early dinner" Cybil told him. "I will be there when I can" Demetrius hung up. "Cybil Carter I take it?" Lorenzo asked. Demetrius nodded. "Reina is probably going to soon wake up. She is usually hungry when she wakes up" Lorenzo said as he got up and went into the kitchen. Demetrius smiled at how protective and caring Lorenzo became when it concerned Reina. "Does Carly still like you?" Demetrius asked. Lorenzo stilled. "How do you know?" Lorenzo asked.  "She is just like Reina. Sweet, humble, caring. Perfect for you" Demetrius joked as he casually leaned on the counter. "Just like Reina for you?" Lorenzo asked. "Do you like her?" Demetrius pressed. "I might but I am not into long term relationships and I would end up breaking her heart" Lorenzo shrugged. He went back to making something for Reina and Carly to eat when they wake up. Demetrius looked at his watch and said "I will be leaving now". "Are you coming to the Lavender Charity Ball being put on for Reina and Carly's accomplishments in the community?" Lorenzo asked. "I will be coming" Demetrius answered. "Will Cybil be with you?" Lorenzo asked. "More than likely". Lorenzo didn't say anything. He didn't understand Demetrius though. How could he be in love with Reina but he would be bringing Cybil to the ball? It just didn't make sense and compared to Reina, Cybil was just another woman and Lorenzo wasn't being biased. He met Cybil and he knew her type. "I'll see you then" Demetrius said as he let himself out. Leaving Lorenzo to his thought which at the moment was on his sister's best friend. Reina must think he is a complete block head for not picking up on the subtle hints she dropped about Carly liking him but the thing is, he did! He just didn't know what to do about it. Demetrius was right when he said Carly was just like Reina. 
Flashback: When Reina is fifteen. Lorenzo is nineteen. "Now Reina in life there are men that will only want to use you for your body" Lorenzo was telling Reina. "Why?" Reina had asked. "Because Reinabella men are pigs. They will say all the right words just to get in your pants" Lorenzo replied. Reina was seated on her bed with Mr. Bears in her arms. She laughed and asked "Does that make you a pig, hermano?". "A man has needs" he had replied. "I don't understand" Reina had told him. Lorenzo was feeling very awkward having a conversation like this with his little sister but Carly had told him that the captain of the football team at Reina's private school had set his eyes on her and that he was a playboy. He knew Reina was too sweet and softhearted to understand that men were users so he had to explain it to her.  "Men are pigs that's all. Don't listen to all their little pickup lines. Walk away" Lorenzo told her as he got up off her bed and walked to the door. "Hermano?" Reina said. "Si, Reinabella?" he asked her. "Gracias" she told him as he turned off the lights to her room. Flashback ends.


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on October 7, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress