Twins?!

Twins?!

A Chapter by Poetress

When Reina woke up again her room was packed with boxes. Lorenzo- she thought. She went downstairs to see Carly putting a steak to Lorenzo's eye. She gasped when he turned to look at her. He had a black eye. "W-what happened?" she stuttered. "Nothing to worry about, Reinabella. You will be living here with me now" Lorenzo smiled at her. She nodded. "I'm sorry" Reina said as she hugged her big brother. "Nothing to apologize for, Reina" Lorenzo told her. He sighed, this wasn't going to be easy but he would always be there should she need him. "What are we going to do?" Reina asked. "You will go to college. When the baby comes, I will hire a nanny" Lorenzo told her. She shook her head. "I want to raise this baby on my own, Lorenzo" she told him. He smiled at her, that's Reina for you. "I can babysit whenever you want" Carly offered. Reina smiled at her. "Planning to tell the father?" Lorenzo asked. She shook her head. "He has the right to know" Lorenzo pressed. "This baby is mine, Lorenzo. No one else's" I told him. He nodded.

About a month later, Reina was feeling uncomfortable. She got into the Porsche and drove to her doctor. Would you call it a coincidence that Demetrius and Cybil were there? She pulled her hoodie over her head and walked up to the front desk. She was begging her lucky stars not to let Demetrius see her. Thank God he didn't. The doctor smiled as she came out and greeted her. She was about to ask how the baby was doing when Reina cut her off. Reina was ushered into an empty examining room. "What's wrong?" the doctor asked. "I feel uncomfortable, doc. Is something wrong?" I asked her. "Nothing is wrong, Ms. Cortes. Your body is just trying to get used to accomodating the baby" she replied. An ultrasound was done. "That's weird" the doctor said. "What? What is wrong?" Reina asked already feeling panicky. "I see two hearts" she told me. "My baby has two hearts?" I asked her. She shook her head. "No. It means you are having twins!" she beamed. You could have knocked Reina over with a feather. 
Reina grabbed her bag and was thanking the doctor when she bumped into Cybil. Everything in Reina's handbag emptied on the floor. "Watch where you are going!" Cybil shouted at her. Reina kept her head down. "Oh and Ms. Cortes" the doctor said. She stopped dead in her tracks. "Reina?" Demetrius asked as he came to stand beside Cybil. Reina was on her knees picking up the things that had fallen out of her bag. She refused to look at him, unfortunately her sunglasses fell off and he saw her eyes. They were so red. She had been crying a lot -Demetrius thought. The doctor went on her knees and helped Reina pick up everything. "Thank you" Reina smiled at the doctor. "No problem" she replied. Reina snatched her sunglasses and put them back on before she walked out of the office not even looking at Demetrius and Cybil.
"Doctor... What was Reina doing here?" Demetrius asked. "I am sorry, Mr. Vassaliadas. Patient confidentiality" she replied. "The poor thing" Cybil said. 
The doctor looked at Cybil and the only word that came to mind was superficial.
Reina was in tears as she drove back to the condo. "It's just the three of us" Reina tapped her tummy. She was in such a hurry to leave that she didn't even get to find out the gender of her babies. 
Reina made dinner. Lorenzo came home and saw his sister in the kitchen cooking. He realized that she had been crying. "What happened?" he asked. "Something felt wrong today. So I-I went to the doctor's... I'm having twins" she smiled through her tears. Lorenzo's heart constricted. His sister shouldn't have to go through this alone but he had promised not to tell Demetrius. "I saw him today" Reina told him. "And?" he pressed. "He was at the doctor with Cybil for her checkup" she smiled. He should have been with you instead -Lorenzo thought to himself. "I am fine, Lorenzo. At least now I know what I am up against. I can't wait to meet you little ones" Reina cooed. Lorenzo smiled.


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress