College

College

A Chapter by Poetress

Finally it was time to start college. It was late August and Reina was two months pregnant. Lorenzo had ensured she and Carly shared a dorm and he had enlisted a body guard for them. Reina smiled as she put her bookbag down. "How are you feeling?" Carly asked. "The usual" Reina replied. "Get a goodnight's rest" Carly ordered. "Don't need to tell me twice" I smiled.
Carly and I were walking on campus when a group of boys were trying to get our attention. The bodyguard was there of course. "It will stop when they find out I'm pregnant" Reina smiled. Carly could never understand how Reina could be so calm! She was pregnant with twins! The father didn't even know and she was going to college! Reina smiled at her. They had all their classes together.
Carly realized that Reina kept shifting in her seat. "What's wrong?" Carly whispered so the lecturer couldn't hear her. "It's too uncomfortable" Reina replied. "Try and bear it out" Carly told her. Reina did bear it out, she called Lorenzo and told him about the uncomfortable seat. He called the school board and had a special cushion seat installed for her in every class she was taking. Reina had already made a lot of friends. she would smile and wave but to Carly she seemed somewhat sad.
Demetrius and Cybil's upcoming wedding was the talk of the town. It was in every newspaper, some even mentioned Reina saying she was a better choice than Cybil. Lorenzo had sued one of the newspaper companies after one journalist berated Reina saying she was probably a heart broken wreck right now. The law suit was dropped of course and the journalist fired.
Two months Later
"Why don't they just hurry up and get married already?" Reina asked as she watched the TV. "People's magazine says Cybil wants a fairytale Christmas wedding and it takes a lot of planning" Carly told her. "Good for them" Reina replied. One of the baby kicked making her jump. "Something wrong?" Carly asked. "One of them just kicked!" Reina said while smiling. Carly put her hand over Reina's stomach and the baby kicked again. "It's a boy" Carly declared while laughing. "How do you know?" Reina asked. "He is powerful, just like his father" Carly told her. Reina only nodded. "Do you think it's fair to keep this from him?" Carly asked. "Honestly Carly, even if I tell him what makes you think he will want anything to do with the twins? He is already doing right by Cybil by marrying her. He can't do right by me also. He can't marry both of us. I think it's for the best" Reina said as she tapped her tummy. "Can you take me to my doctor's appointment tomorrow?" Reina asked. Carly nodded. Lorenzo had bought Carly a new car so she could take Reina wherever she needed to go because Reina would soon not be able to drive. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress